Prominent Journalist and  Ramon Magsaysay award winner,, P. Sainath has been working for the last 22 years on the importance of Rural India and its practices, beliefs and life style..

https://ruralindiaonline.org/

Adivasis

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Rural life although has its own ups and downs is still very interesting ..Here are a couple of pictures I took during paddy cultivation in my ancestral home and fields..

Paddy kolake field maroli 2014

Paddy cultivatin maroli 2014

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Good Photos.

The intention of Sainath the creator of this website was to highlight the beauty of Rural India and some of  the unique practices of Tribals. In Kerala, a tribe called 'Khalasis'were building ships since generations, without using any modern equipment like cranes. A tribe in Assam till the land with their legs. One can find many such interesting things  related to rural India in this site.

Lovely pictures Usha!Do you own these fields?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes Kalyani,the fields are family owned close to my ancestral  home at a place called Maroli on the outskirts of Mangalore, you can see part of it in one of the pics and now the cultivation season is on full swing..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes Kalyani,the fields are family owned close to my ancestral  home at a place called Maroli on the outskirts of Mangalore, you can see part of it in one of the pics and now the cultivation season is on full swing..

Filed of your area is beautiful than my area. These are differ in this sense that these surrounding by trees. 

Life in rural area is much hard in India. It is right that rural and urban area is equally important. But focus of most of governments are urban area. It is reason that most of village have not electricity, pure water, transport facilities, education facilities and health facllities.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Wow, lucky you! It must be so nice to be able to experience and get yourself involved in all the phases of rice cultivation! One of these years, I really might gatecrash your home for the experience! :) :)

The splendor of rural India is only limited to photos and vedeos. In reality life is harsh.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Wow, lucky you! It must be so nice to be able to experience and get yourself involved in all the phases of rice cultivation! One of these years, I really might gatecrash your home for the experience! :) :)

Sadly Kalyani most of it is going , remember I had written about it a couple of years ago . The corporation is taking it over to build of all the things a bus stand since they could not find any other vast stretch of land that is just outside the city. Most farmers have either sold their fields or converted it into house sites.

We will have to hand it over once they send the notice and give compensation..we have appealed but I doubt it would yield any results.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Sadly Kalyani most of it is going , remember I had written about it a couple of years ago . The corporation is taking it over to build of all the things a bus stand since they could not find any other vast stretch of land that is just outside the city. Most farmers have either sold their fields or converted it into house sites.

We will have to hand it over once they send the notice and give compensation..we have appealed but I doubt it would yield any results.

Oh, that is really sad. I guess it is the same story everywhere in India. Development at the cost of loss of natural beauty, which is irreplaceable and irrevocable, but no one is least bit concerned about not making up for it or even seek other alternatives.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.