Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Both rural and Urban regions are  neglected. But our politicians do not agree. Every day deaths are reported due to killer Manholes. And  the conditions in far flung rural regions, connectivity and Roads are still in worse conditions.

In smaller villages, I had seen the residents of the village taking initiative to do something to improve the conditions, without waiting for Government help. But there is a limit.  With their limited resources, they cannot undertake building even temporary bridges.  Maintaining safe Roads in bigger cities like, Delhi Mumbai, Bangalore or Hyderabad is the responsibility of the Government.

There are delays, shoddy work, which contribute to poor infrastructure. Quality is a casuality.

vijay wrote:

There are delays, shoddy work, which contribute to poor infrastructure. Quality is a casuality.

Corruption is also one reason for poor infrastructure and other civil work. Last week one senior official of Rajasthan, trapped red handed. He said that I didn't demand bribe, contract give me and it is system in whole department. Amount of bribe in this case is Rs 5 lacs.

Politician taking a bribe is not a new thing. . Peoples active participation in keeping rural splendor  is essential. With peoples active  participation , no politician will dare to take bribes.

rambabu wrote:

Politician taking a bribe is not a new thing. . Peoples active participation in keeping rural splendor  is essential. With peoples active  participation , no politician will dare to take bribes.

Like other elections in Gram Panchyat election candidates of Sarpanch and others are spending lacs Rs is these days. Why they are spending, for charity or to serve the people of Gram Panchayatangry.png No only to get back this amount with profit. Where there is money there is corruption.

It is implied that if a politician spends Lakhs of Rupees, it is his intention to make Crores of Rupees in his tenure. Every child knows about this.

Politicians have become experts at seeing an opportunity and grabbing it. In a case here where a small walking rope-way bridge was to be built across a tributary of Netravati river so that people could use it instead of taking a longer route to get to the market and schools , the records show the bridge is ready and the money sanctioned several years ago , but nothing done so far ...I am sure there are hundreds of such examples in our country !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This reminds of R> K Lakshman's cartoon. A Politican builds a Bridge on a non existing River.. Though it's a Cartoon, one can come across with such incidents where a Politician pocketing money for building a wooden bridge on a non existing rivulet.

Many government employees think that in every scheme they have a rightful share.

There is nothing wrong in the thinking of Government employees. They should be accountable too. After all  its not just Rights but responsibilities too.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.