Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

There is nothing wrong in the thinking of Government employees. They should be accountable too. After all  its not just Rights but responsibilities too.

Nothing wrong in claiming rightful share???? Whoa!! Does that mean you subscribe to the government employees taking 'rightful' bribes?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I did not mean bribes. What I meant was there should be accountability of their actions. Whatever a Government employee does, it should aimed at the Welfare of the people.

Read your post again, it implies clearly that you mean there is nothing wrong in government employees thinking of their rightful share.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:

There is nothing wrong in the thinking of Government employees. They should be accountable too. After all  its not just Rights but responsibilities too.

This is what I said. Is there any thing about bribes ? I reiterate every action of a Government employee should be transparent and all their actions should be Welfare oriented .

All government employees are fully aware of their rights and responsibilities. It is the one's who are more interested in milking their positions who create problems and yet succeed. 

I don't think so. The Government employees know more about their right than their responsibilities. Go and see a Government office. After my father-in- Law's death, I had to run from pillar to post to obtain a Death certificate. Every time I go, i used to get the answer from the concerned clerk, "Its my Lunch time" Or his Boss out of Station. I'm not alone. I can quote several examples like this.

I beg to differ because I have applied for both death and birth certificates here and find it well regularised in my state ! You just fill in the particulars and whatever else is required and submit it at the counter and pay the fees depending on how many original documents you need , at the SBI branch located right next door and once again give the challan which gets attached to your application form .After this  they give you a date for collection which is normally after a week and you get the certificate on the stipulated date ! No bribes and absolutely no chance for any harassment, I guess it is because Mangalore corporation is relatively corruption free compared to other cities ..  

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You are lucky. Anyhow, the incident I said many years ago. I don't  know the present position. It's heartening to see such corruption free Government offices.

The regular increase in salaries of government employees and introduction of  IT  has freed many simple activities from the ambit of corruption. Small mercies. 

True. Some state Governments conduct regular unannounced visits to the Government offices. Of course IT is another factor that contributed a lot in checking corruption.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.