Are you habituated to Book Reading ? If your answer is Yes, Congratulations ! The habit of Book Reading will make you live longer. here are the findings  of some Scientific studies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/entry/those-who-read-books-live-longer-than-those-who-dont-study-finds_us_57a358c8e4b0104052a17cd2

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Book reading reduce stress and tension so a person may be live longer.
anil wrote:Book reading reduce stress and tension so a person may be live longer.
Book Reading keeps your Brain active. Just like any other muscle, the Brain requires exercise to keep it stronger and healthy. Additionally, there are several other benefits of Book Reading, that boosts your longevity
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-reading-why-you-should-read-everyday.html

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:Book reading reduce stress and tension so a person may be live longer.
Book Reading keeps your Brain active. Just like any other muscle, the Brain requires exercise to keep it stronger and healthy. Additionally, there are several other benefits of Book Reading, that boosts your longevity
http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-benefits-reading-why-you-should-read-everyday.html
By reading books we can stop mind from wandering. 

Its good to know that book reading helps to live longer. The main idea to live longer is to keep the brain active a\and stronger and keep our mind stress free. So any activity like book reading should help to live longer. 

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
By reading books we can stop mind from wandering. 
Yes. That's concentration. Concentration is the process of  paying full attention on what you are doing without distraction. This helps a lot in providing a good exercise to your Brain muscles.

There is no point in living long if you have poor health or if all your facilities are not working properly. However, I agree that as long as we are mentality alert through exchange of ideas and knowledge we also remain physically fit. In fact I know of a relative who is paralised waist down and is permanently on a wheelchair. He is a financial genius and after the mishap, has become a multi millionaire by investing after careful study of shares , bonds and real estate , and added to that he is a voracious reader. He hates people sympathising and is a very interesting company so much so that his house is always filled with people who want to speak to him ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Anything that exercises the brain and keeps the grey cells active will help you live longer. It is not just reading, of course, reading is the major factor, but learning something new, such as a language or a new craft or creative activity, gardening etc. will help you live longer. It again depends on individual choice and preference.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Besides reading Books, there are other means capable of lengthening the life. I do regularly Puzzles and Word Building.

usha manohar wrote:

There is no point in living long if you have poor health or if all your facilities are not working properly. However, I agree that as long as we are mentality alert through exchange of ideas and knowledge we also remain physically fit. In fact I know of a relative who is paralised waist down and is permanently on a wheelchair. He is a financial genius and after the mishap, has become a multi millionaire by investing after careful study of shares , bonds and real estate , and added to that he is a voracious reader. He hates people sympathising and is a very interesting company so much so that his house is always filled with people who want to speak to him ..

Few are lucky like your relative. I also have one relative who is paralized waist down. He done work of digital albums for six years and he also invest in shares and he married both of his child. I am not lucky  like others, I don,t know why.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Few are lucky like your relative. I also have one relative who is paralized waist down. He done work of digital albums for six years and he also invest in shares and he married both of his child. I am not lucky  like others, I don,t know why.

Anil, Health is the only thing  that matters in any body's life. In this respect, I sincerely feel, you need not pity on yourself. You are lucky to be able to  do your own Business and participating actively here despite your bad physical health. You are really brave and there is no problem practically with you.  The examples quoted by Usha and you clearly says, one should not be deterred by problems. To strengthen your thinking, better read more books even in your Mother tongue, while you are free. This Habit of Book reading will make you forget your unnecessary thoughts.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.