Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is no point in living long if you have poor health or if all your facilities are not working properly. However, I agree that as long as we are mentality alert through exchange of ideas and knowledge we also remain physically fit. In fact I know of a relative who is paralised waist down and is permanently on a wheelchair. He is a financial genius and after the mishap, has become a multi millionaire by investing after careful study of shares , bonds and real estate , and added to that he is a voracious reader. He hates people sympathising and is a very interesting company so much so that his house is always filled with people who want to speak to him ..

Few are lucky like your relative. I also have one relative who is paralized waist down. He done work of digital albums for six years and he also invest in shares and he married both of his child. I am not lucky  like others, I don,t know why.

Anil, please don't underestimate yourself. You have done the best you can under the circumstances. In fact all of us have some failings of our own, if not health it is something else and we have to overcome that many a times all our lives..if people claim they are perfect, then they are lying!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nobody is perfect. What anybody can do in the trying or adverse conditions, is should face and stand firm.. Self Pitying is more poisonous than a snakes venom.It destroys you. The best solution is to give our best even in the most difficult situations.

Reading has become a die art these days with most of the new generation moving towards tech savy gadgets. I just hope we can get our kids to read more. Its our responsibility as parents to make them understand and inculcate this habit of reading.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Reading from the Book has many benefits. By this, you are making your Brain work. Where as Reading from the gadgets  will not provide that much needed exercise required by your Brain. Similarly, learning a new language or solving a Puzzle will enable the brain  to work. Keeping  this in view, it's essential for the Parents to ensure their children read Books.

It is not true that reading from books simulates the brain more than if you read from gadgets. It is clasical case of resistance to change. 

What I said was my personal experience. Right now, the situation is not that bad . If that day comes when only electronic Books are available and not printed Books, I'll see.

Reading , writing or even letting your imagination wander ...In fact mentally trying to go back in your thoughts from where you are now to as far  back as you can is very good for the mind. At times you are able to find solutions to some minor irritable problems that has been bothering you during  such a process..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If something makes our life goes longer then why should we not try. I read books but occasionally and after this thread I am thinking of reading books everyday. 

sdfafa

Make Book reading a habit and see the changes in your health and Memory.

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of the dog it is too dark to read"---Groucho Marx

Well, for sure reading can be a good company in the loneliness of old age. A window to see the outside world, Let thoughts come inside, Let your perception act and widen it's lens and learn new skills.........Book can serve so much. And all these do not let the energy stagnate and despise off within oneself. Reading a book maintains the flow of life energy within you and keeps you active and joyful to live a longer life.

While physical ailments are inevitable with growing age, reading books will definitely shield you off from mental illness - loneliness, depression, frustration eetc.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.