Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@vijay to answer your question on why we need a medal

1. India is country which has the 2nd largest population in the world. When sports person from countries with 1/10th are size are winning medals why we are not winning should be thought provoking

2. We have immense talent, its this talent that needs to be harnessed and brought up. Not just winning the medals but also for the growth and development of our country. 

3. When Lord Krishna said "to work and not worry about the outcome" he did not mean not to win, he meant that we should be giving our level best in what ever we do and then not worry about the outcome. And the whole point here is that we are not able to or we are prevented by some forces within our country itself to put forward our best performances.

And finally as a proud Indian, I want my country to win whatever sport they participate in. When India plays cricket matches we support them, when IPL happens we support our teams, same goes for football and tennis. It should be the same for all other sports and Olympics too.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

For winning more medals in Olympic, we must choose events for participation selectively. Let us prepare our sportsmen for fewer events that have better chance of medals. We may also send there a smaller team.  Excellence of a few is more effective than mediocrity of many. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In which area of human endeavour are we number one? Only in population where also we are number two. Size of population and medals have no relationship. It is merit and skill which counts. By your logic Jamaica should not produce a fantastic athlete like Bolt. Years of dedicated practicec are required along with support from various agencies including government.

It is a fallacy that we have immense talent. If yes how come It does not come to surface. No one can suppress talent. It has a knack of coming out. So such bombastic statements are basically hollow and far removed from reality.

Let us accept that we have a long way to go before we can win good number of medals in Olympics. Till then efforts have to continue. Let us not be so critical and participation also helps develop a sports temper in the country.

The day China and USA start playing cricket you will be criticising India for not winning.

Why bring Lord Krishna into this debate. 

vijay wrote:

In which area of human endeavour are we number one? Only in population where also we are number two. Size of population and medals have no relationship. It is merit and skill which counts. By your logic Jamaica should not produce a fantastic athlete like Bolt. Years of dedicated practicec are required along with support from various agencies including government.

It is a fallacy that we have immense talent. If yes how come It does not come to surface. No one can suppress talent. It has a knack of coming out. So such bombastic statements are basically hollow and far removed from reality.

Let us accept that we have a long way to go before we can win good number of medals in Olympics. Till then efforts have to continue. Let us not be so critical and participation also helps develop a sports temper in the country.

The day China and USA start playing cricket you will be criticising India for not winning.

Why bring Lord Krishna into this debate. 

Indeed we are mediocre or even worse but boast too much.  That is why we need develop a small group of sportsmen and give then best training either in India or abroad. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Inculcating sport culture from very beginning is very important. This should begin from childhood, and that too in school. Sports should be taken very seriously and this depend on School & their co-ordinators. Sport also teaches many valuable lessons and also keep us physically & mentally fit. 

These things should come first and then the Structure of Sport. The association need to be friendly & should provide proper infrastructure. I want to see my nation a sporting nation some day and want to see my nation "INDIA" at the top.

Want to make each day Accountable

We have won a big ZERO this time. Medals will never come till national diet and protien intake drastically improves.

Please define what is meant by national diet and proteins are going out of reach of common persons. So medals is outvof reach.

MG Singh wrote:

We have won a big ZERO this time. Medals will never come till national diet and protien intake drastically improves.

Do you think, it's only due to lack of a Diet consisting of Proteins India is failing in getting Medals ?  Intake of Protein rich food will strengthen Muscles, but how to get the required skills necessary for a Sport or Game in an event, where there will be tough competition ?

The main problem is we don't have infrastructure that can make a champion. In this regard, I blame both the Government and the Societal cold attitude towards Sports and Games.

Just now on the news they were showing children in Chattisgarh being taught diving and swimming in a canal which certainly looked muddy and not clean. According to the coach inspire there being a swimming pool in the capital , it has been closed since more than 4 years and unless the issue gets resolved there is no access to it by anybody. I am sure this is the state of affairs everywhere in our country where sports never was an important issue ...Now after realising how badly we are lacking , I sincerely hope that the present government corrects the wrong doings of the previous leaders and help our players get a fair deal by providing them with all the basic amenities required to bring them upto the world standard.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For me its all about end result. As a young person, this is what has been taught to me. The end result is what you have done for? Yes, for some athletes, it would be for gaining experience. But many after going there would have been realised that Medal does count.

Every nation has sent their contingent of athletes to show their presence. Medals shows how good that country is regarding the Sporting culture. We need to change it. I hope this happens soon in our country. 

Want to make each day Accountable

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.