Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you, Sports has never been important aspect in the school here. I have seen in US all schools has mandatory sports involvement, students get credit for the sports they are involved into. Both girls and boys are so well versed with some or the other sports especially in swimming, soccer, volleyball and baseball. 

The reason for India's miserable failure in getting Medals are,

Owing to Lack of better training, Athletes were mentally unprepared. Eg, is Failure of Jeetu Roy, the shooter.

Lack of infrastructure

Corruption

Unfavorable Scouting.

Disregard of Spurts as a career option.

In the last few years much has been done for sports and irs promotion. Adequate attention has been paid to the needs of sportspersons. If they are not able to perform it calls for more intense training and accelerated dedication by sportspersons. It is natural that everyone will now criticise the government but you can take a horse to water if he does not drink what can you do. Let us acept the fact that many countries small or big are better than us and try to reduce the gap.

After knowing the performance of Sports persons in Rio , it is clear that Whatever had been done to improve the performance of Sports persons is inadequate. It should be known that both Quality infrastructure  for training a person for an International event like Olympics and the dedication of the Sports persons combined together alone can yield the results.

The Haryana girl performed so well because the minister from Haryana was on visit to Rio and she felt encouraged and motivated. So every athlete should have a minister attached to perform fantastically.!!!??

Who ever said that she won because the minister of her state was visiting???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

vijay wrote:

The Haryana girl performed so well because the minister from Haryana was on visit to Rio and she felt encouraged and motivated. So every athlete should have a minister attached to perform fantastically.!!!??

She was made of Champion material. For Sakshi's superb performance in wrestling, no body except her is responsible. Even without the Minister's accompaniment, Sakshi would have performed well.

How can you be so sure. You are commenting post match and denying the minister his legitimate due.

It's Olympics. It's the Player who actually  will be in the Pavilion. Not a Minister. And can you give me a link which Minister followed Sakshi to Rio ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.