Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The following quote best explains what common sense is

Common sense is not a gift, its a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it!

At times it is the simple uneducated people who come up with the most sensible suggestions to a problem... I have seen this happen scores of time !

True...I am sure you must have heard this joke, it is not so funny but sums up the fact about common sense really well. A well-educated and cultured lady goes to buy vegetables as her servant is absent. The lady selling vegetables asks this gentlewoman if she is very well-educated and the woman haughtily replies, yes, of course, but how did you guess? The vegetables seller says, you look so bright and intelligent but you put the tomatoes in the bag first and then piled potatoes over them!

That is what common sense is! lol :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Common sense to me is the power of judgement to react during our day to day life. A person's practical experience helps him/her gain common sense. One who lacks common sense is very tough to handle.

shampasaid

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The following quote best explains what common sense is

Common sense is not a gift, its a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it!

At times it is the simple uneducated people who come up with the most sensible suggestions to a problem... I have seen this happen scores of time !

True...I am sure you must have heard this joke, it is not so funny but sums up the fact about common sense really well. A well-educated and cultured lady goes to buy vegetables as her servant is absent. The lady selling vegetables asks this gentlewoman if she is very well-educated and the woman haughtily replies, yes, of course, but how did you guess? The vegetables seller says, you look so bright and intelligent but you put the tomatoes in the bag first and then piled potatoes over them!

That is what common sense is! lol :)

True Kalyani, you see some sales girls at the super market instead of gently placing, literally throwing biscuit packets as they do the billing, shows a lack of common sense ... I make it a point to tell them not to do so since biscuits get crushed when they do that. It is part of the training and partly a persons understanding and assimilation of ideas and experiences..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes training helps create awareness. As the service sector is growing very fast exposure to right training is very important. Otherwise you ae at mercy of common sense of others which is very uncommon.

Social etiquette is something that needs to be developed if it is not inculcated in childhood and at home..This one below is a nice quote on common sense..

“It is the obvious which is so difficult to see most of the time. People say 'It's as plain as the nose on your face.' But how much of the nose on your face can you see, unless someone holds a mirror up to you?” 
― Isaac Asimov

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If someone lacks common sense then he/she makes his/her life as well as others life quite miserable. Common sense is very important in life or else one becomes a laughing stock. 

shampasaid

Sometimes we see that even the highly educated people are lacking in the most basic day today knowledge. It may be because of lack of experience or the failure of application of their mind to things around them.. some people also have a herd mentality which stops them from doing what they think would be the right thing to do..

Having the trend of herd mentality is very common. Those who believe in following others without using their brain create quite a mess.

shampasaid

People get so carried away at times that they put their lives at risk, one can see people recklessly overtaking following one vehicle , not realising that the driver in the front vehicle has calculated the distance and will safely overtake leaving them to face the oncoming traffic.I have seen several accidents take place while overtaking by following another vehicle which is so very risky and totally lacks simple common sense..

Came across two very humorous quotes on common sense.

" Common sense is like deodorant, people who need it never use it "

and

" Common sense is not a gift , it is a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who does not have it"

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.