"All should read, All should eat".  is the Motto of  Mary's Meals, a voluntary organization that feeds One Million mouths in over 15 countries every Day.

Mary's Meals provides after noon meals to the poor in India too.  There are many branches of Mary's meals in different States.This philanthropic deed started by two brothers namely  Magnus and Ferguson from Scotland boosted the attendance in Indian Schools.

https://www.marysmeals.org.uk/get-involved/the-shed-that-fed-a-million-children/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thats a very nice effort. We need many more people to come forward to help the less priveldged . Hats off to them.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

What are Indian NGO's doing. New style of FDI

We here in India, when somebody feed anyone else is said to be that he/she is doing god jobs, and I salute them for their commendable doing. It is sacred work which is done by them.

sdfafa

Greatblush.png they are doing great, but it is my opinion that never give any thing to person who is enough healthy to work. Any free biz to these person make them handy cape.

vijay wrote:

India have Gurudwara in all states. visit there at lunch or dinner time, you can eat without paying single paisa.

anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

India have Gurudwara in all states. visit there at lunch or dinner time, you can eat without paying single paisa.

Exactly, There are Guru Dwaras all over India.  It is called Langar means Community kitchen.

In such big country you could think of Gurudwaras only. The post is feeding poor people not visitors.

There are many people and many organisations who do so on a regular basis but never advertise that they are doing so. Venkateshwara Hatcheries in Pune is one company I know that feeds poor people on a daily basis because it is situated a few minutes drive from my home.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In temples free meals are served for all..In Dharmasthala, Subramanya , Udipi and Kollur all temples around Mangalore,  free lunch is served to everyone regardless of caste, class or religion .In fact in Dharmasthala there are some muslims serving food in the large dining halls . They all sit and eat with their families after the bhojanshala is closed at 3.30 or so..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
vijay wrote:

Exactly, There are Guru Dwaras all over India.  It is called Langar means Community kitchen.

In langer system people of all classes sit and eat together. Langer system is based on one saying of Gurunanak Dev. "Kirt Karo Vand Kho. It means do your karma and share your food with others.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.