Here is a Website that accepts your Old News papers, Note Books, Magazines and any other Paper related Items and Gives away new Useful Books.

The Aim of this site is to develop the Book Reading Habit in the people.

The second Aim  is to send all the Old stuff,  given by you for Recycling, and convert  it in to Useful things.

The Man behind this Novel Project is Girish from Bangalore.

http://used2useful.in/images/about.jpg

http://used2useful.in/about

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I knew about this and it is no doubt a good initiative...however, I would rather give all old papers and magazines to the regular man who comes to collect them at my door step since that is his only income 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That is a nice thought. I am in office and the provided link does not work. Would definitely check this link later. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:

That is a nice thought. I am in office and the provided link does not work. Would definitely check this link later. 

Web link is working. Try once again after you reach Home. The Site is very Useful for the Book Lovers. Please go through the Book List too.

A good initiative and a novel concept, probably great for residents of Bangalore. Although like Usha, I too would prefer give such paper waste to the local people whose only income is the papers they collect from us.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Girish, the man behind this project on an enquiry said that the facility of giving the Books will be extended soon to the other States too. There is a procedure to be followed by the users  from other States.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

A good initiative and a novel concept, probably great for residents of Bangalore. Although like Usha, I too would prefer give such paper waste to the local people whose only income is the papers they collect from us.

In fact last Sunday I gave away old newspapers and also some items that get collected over a period of time like unusable taps, light fittings and so on..

When I asked him what would he get for the lot he said he wd get Rs 20, having given me fifty rupees. He makes about a hundred rupees a day if he is lucky or else less than that..to carry all that stuff on the head covering it with a plastic because of the rains!!! Honestly, how difficult life is for them.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Used 2 Useful , when  comes into full operation and spreads all over the country, Girish says its going to be the first of its kind in Asia.

I am fine with selling my newspapers and magazines to scrap dealer but for old books it is good to have such a place. Some months back I was in search of such a site in Delhi, I contacted a few sites but they wanted me to drop the old books at their place which was difficult for me. Such centres must have the facility to collect from the doorstep. Well, the sites I checked were asking for old books in donation for the underprivileged. I was very keen to donate but unfortunately failed to do so just because the centre was too far away from my home and they lacked the collection facility.

shampasaid

Unlike some sites you contacted in Delhi, this site works in a different manner. Anyone who works and collects old news papers or any such stuff  and gives to this Site pays in terms of Books, not with cash.. One can select any genre of Books. If by any chance the book you wanted is not available, the site will get it for you. One can choose Books of their choice from their Library or through their site.

You may ask, what this site will do with all the waste paper. This waste paper collected will be recycled to create useful things.

In Mangalore we have a sort of Paper storage organised by the city corporation where you can hand over all your old books, news papers and magazines which is recycled.They pay for it but since there are the regular newspaper collectors doing the rounds on almost a daily basis the response is not very encouraging and we also have a circulating library n wheels where we exchange books instead of paying . I may borrow 2 books to read and give two of my own. A record is kept and a tag put on the book ..You can ask it back is and when you want or let it circulate so that more people get to read it and you also know who has borrowed it through the records kept by the person who manages it..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.