Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It's an undeniable fact there are many loop holes in the system. More than anything else, we need to encourage our players be it in success or in Failure. If you see the channels to day, you will find a spate of encouraging messages wishing Sindhu success in today's final between  Sindhu and the Spaniard, present World No.1.

Needless to say how much strength Sindhu derives from these wishes.

Of course coming to the main point, definitely the Government should overhaul  the present selection system and the related rules from top to bottom to make it a corruption free and a system sans non interference by politicians or persons who don't have any business with Sports.

Last but not least, our players should be coached by Seasoned Coaches. Like in Badminton , we have Gopichand, a man of dedication and commitment. For other Sports and Games too our players need dedicated and expert coaches.

The radiologist accompanying the team happens to be a nephew of one of the officials. The Indian attitude generally can be described as 'muft ka chandan ghis mere nandan' which means that if you get something free, grab as much as you can. So in effect, any international sports or cultural event is considered to be a free all-paid for picnic by the officials and organisers and their relatives and useless hangers on attach themselves to the contingent. We did read the news about the sports minister making a nuisance of himself along with his sycophants. There needs to be a strict audit of the games expenses once the contingent returns and whoever has latched on free must be made to pay expenses.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such an attitude has become a kind of trademark by the politicians and anyone connected with them..I remember once when the Olympics were held at Tokyo a few years ago athletes from Bangalore who had a lot of effort into training were denied entry because Mantris and their relatives  and a few actors too were going to watch the Olympics as state guests . This led to a lot of protests and the entire university body went on strike indefinitely ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

" Muft Mein Aaata Hai To, Zahar bhi Khalo.". gas been well depicted by  this incident pertaining to Radiologist's Pleasure trip to Rio.

I wonder why the sports persons do not speak against it openly and lodge a comment. Well, I know their career will be jeopardised because power lies in the hands of the bureaucrats but I am sure it won't be that easy to ruin the career if all the athletes join together and protest. After all the name of our country is getting spoiled.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I wonder why the sports persons do not speak against it openly and lodge a comment. Well, I know their career will be jeopardised because power lies in the hands of the bureaucrats but I am sure it won't be that easy to ruin the career if all the athletes join together and protest. After all the name of our country is getting spoiled.   

The athletes are already riddled with so many problems, they have to face politics, bureaucracy and regionalism at each step, coupled with having to spend money from their own pockets generally. The talented ones are left behind just because they belong to a particular state and the organisers and committee members belong to another. Really talented wrestler who could have fared better such as Rahul Aware was not selected for Olympics as he belongs to Mumbai, a harsh fact that Mumbai and in general Maharashtra players are often ignored at National level. Look how Narsingh Yadav was framed and now the poor guy got banned for 4 years, all because of jealousy and underhanded dirty politics by our own countrymen! How will they speak up in such case?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Let us see what the medal winning top countries do. They spend more on training of the sports persons and less on giving lavish reward to the winners. But we spend very little on training and other facilities and very much on rewarding the medal winning sports[persons.

We have to change the trend. We need not distribute too much money on rewarding the few sportsperson winning the medals. Rather we need spend more on training the sports persons and preparing them for winning medals.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If a Sports person wins Medals, I don't see any reason for not  spending heavy amounts towards Rewards on the Winners. In fact, this practice is there even in Developed and advanced Countries like USA.  An achievement in Sports must be rewarded so that the Achiever can feel that his efforts are being recognized.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Let us see what the medal winning top countries do. They spend more on training of the sports persons and less on giving lavish reward to the winners. But we spend very little on training and other facilities and very much on rewarding the medal winning sports[persons.

We have to change the trend. We need not distribute too much money on rewarding the few sportsperson winning the medals. Rather we need spend more on training the sports persons and preparing them for winning medals.  

Well said ! Indian leaders like some Indian citizens seem to have lop sided preferences. I remember reading somewhere the difficulties faced by Gopichand in running his coaching academy. It has been the private donors who funded him. We need to have a clear cut rule with cash awards or any gift like a house site or a job. It shd be a fixed amount like it is in most countries and given by the sports ministry . States cannot simply give away tax payers money at their will and for many of them it is  simply one upmanship, given away because he or she is frm a particular state or her parents are from a particular state. 

Unless they provide facilities to train future athletes and players we may have to remain satisfied being one of the last in the long list of countries that won medals like this time..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Gopichand never faced any difficulties in running the Academy. There were teething troubles in the initial stages. But no problems whatsoever now.. In fact Gopichand was well supported by the State Government which provided land for a nominal price.. Gopichand voluntarily offered to train several badminton Aces like Saina, kashyap and Sindhu.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.