Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Gopichand never faced any difficulties in running the Academy. There were teething troubles in the initial stages. But no problems whatsoever now.. In fact Gopichand was well supported by the State Government which provided land for a nominal price.. Gopichand voluntarily offered to train several badminton Aces like Saina, kashyap and Sindhu.

Recently, I read somewhere that Gopichand mortgaged his house to set up his academy and you mean to say that he did not face any trouble. After producing some winners he must have not faced any problem but during the initial stage he did face trouble. His own talent of being an ace badminton player did not count until he produced some medal winners.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Gopichand never faced any difficulties in running the Academy. There were teething troubles in the initial stages. But no problems whatsoever now.. In fact Gopichand was well supported by the State Government which provided land for a nominal price.. Gopichand voluntarily offered to train several badminton Aces like Saina, kashyap and Sindhu.

Recently, I read somewhere that Gopichand mortgaged his house to set up his academy and you mean to say that he did not face any trouble. After producing some winners he must have not faced any problem but during the initial stage he did face trouble. His own talent of being an ace badminton player did not count until he produced some medal winners.  

True.He had some troubles in the initial stages.  If you read about the news that Gopichand had Mortgaged his house for starting his Academy, it must be before 1971. Because in 1971, his academy was started. After that he could overcome them from the financial assistance from his relatives and a few NRIs. Before Training Sindhu, he has trained Saina nehwal who won several international badminton Championships. Then Kashyap, Srikant but never took part in Olympics. Sindhu was the only  one, who was trained for Rio Olympics and won a Medal in Olympics.

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

True.He had some troubles in the initial stages.  If you read about the news that Gopichand had Mortgaged his house for starting his Academy, it must be before 1971. Because in 1971, his academy was started. After that he could overcome them from the financial assistance from his relatives and a few NRIs. Before Training Sindhu, he has trained Saina nehwal who won several international badminton Championships. Then Kashyap, Srikant but never took part in Olympics. Sindhu was the only  one, who was trained for Rio Olympics and won a Medal in Olympics.

Srikanth Kidambi is also coached by Gopichand. That is what @usha manohar wrote that private donors came forward to help Gopichand but, what role did the Government of India play to establish a training academy to produce some great players?

shampasaid

rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This is truly laughable because you contradict, lie and what not simply to show you are always right ! Gopichand was born in 1973, so according to you he started his academy when he was 2 years old...Since you seem to know very little about him and his struggle lease go through the following article and you will have some knowledge about him . I dont understand why you nee to give wrong information all the time and then justify yourself..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopichand_Badminton_Academy

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
rambabu wrote:

This is truly laughable because you contradict, lie and what not simply to show you are always right ! Gopichand was born in 1973, so according to you he started his academy when he was 2 years old...Since you seem to know very little about him and his struggle lease go through the following article and you will have some knowledge about him . I dont understand why you nee to give wrong information all the time and then justify yourself..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopichand_Badminton_Academy

It's laughable indeed. When I commented earlier I did not pay attention to this fact. I only pointed out the fact regarding the aid factor.  

shampasaid

Rambabu is an non stop answering machine. Sometimes machines go berserk. Then they take rest and start again.

First of all the Government should look  and treat Sports persons as most skilled Professionals. Skills alone cannot improve the performance of an individual. Their skills should be honed up. This is possible only by providing World class facilities for all Sports. Funding them from time to time, holding  yearly type of Tournaments will strengthen the infrastructural Base.

Above all Parents should encourage their Wards  to take up Sports. In this regard, I must admit that  very very less number of parents will come forward and encourage their children to take up Sports as a Career option.

Finally, I'd like to say that this should not be dismissed as another discussion that takes place after every Olympics and forgotten very next Day

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.