Cabbage has a host of Health benefits. The good thing about it is almost available in all regions of the Country.

For a glowing skin and a great strengthening Immune system and for keeping you away from many ailments, think of Cabbage.

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/9-suprising-health-benefits-of-cabbage.html

9 Surprising Health Benefits of Cabbage

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

cabbage is also useful for health of hair.

anil wrote:

cabbage is also useful for health of hair.

There are any benefits of Cabbage. Cabbages are rich in Vitamin K. This vitamin saves the brain cells from any damage and prevents from Alzheimer's.

Cabbage is good no doubt. But we need to be very careful with that because it is one vegetable that can be made artificially. In China they have been using this artificial cabbage unofficially for a few years now. It wont be long for it to come to India (not sure if its already available in India also. You wont have much difference in taste and look, so hard to find)

Please check this video to see how its being made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4seJXgJnn0

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Quite an interesting thing. Artificial Cabbage will cause life threatening ailments. Yes, it might have reached India too. God knows. To what extent these unscrupulous business men go, to sell their product, god alone knows.

The situation is worsening day by day and we need to be very careful with what we eat.

So, what do you suggest.? Food Adulteration is rampant everywhere. Even the pulses are adulterated. Fruits are artificially ripened using Carbide. It seems there is no end to our woes.

It may be asking too much but we should try to grow our vegetables ourselves. Not all but at-least what ever is possible. For people with time and resources the idea for growing vegetables in terrace and balconies is catching up specially in kerala which is my native place. I have a lot of my friends who are doing that.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/homes-and-gardens/gardens/the-balcony-scene-growing-vegetables-in-a-small-space/article7342320.ece

Chitra Krishna Swamy's suggestions are very good and they are worth following. But how many kinds of vegetable can one grow in his house or flat ? we need a variety of vegetables and pulses for our daily necessities. Pulses, I don't know if they can be grown in the home Garden .

Definitely not everything can be grown. My friends are growing chillies, palak, brinjal, beans, tomato, ladies finger to name a few. Pulses i dont think can be grown in bags. Now a days there are lot nurseries which are providing grow bags along with the required soil, manure and seeds. The idea is really catching up fast.

Grow bags ? I heard about grow bags from you only  now. That may be because i don't have much knowledge nor interest in Vegetable gardening. I think I should discuss with my wife. She grows only some limited number of plants like Hibiscus Tulsi required for her Pooja..  However, i contact the Nursery maintained by the corporation which is not far away

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.