Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Both are wrong, the Indian officials do not go there for supporting their players and players like Jaisha with her all experience in international marathon does not know that organizers of such events make arrangements for every athlete participating in such a race. She could have picked water and energy drinks from any of the counters available or even others' counter as well after a particular distance. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Officials from all other Countries, provide refreshments, water and energy drinks for their Runners at designated points  after every 2.5 Km .

India too had a designated point,with the Country's name and Tricolor. But no officials. No drinks.

@Sunil it is not fair to blame the athlete. The least you can do is desist from commenting but not accuse the athlete. She has been let down very badly and the federation even put out a statement saying she refused water facility. Let us accept the failure on part of our officials.

This is such a sorry state of affairs. My heart goes out to Jisha and kavitha. Cant even imagine how they would have felt seeing only the table and flag where they expected at-least water ( not refreshments). 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Jishna l was lying unconscious and unattended for  more than 2 hours. Great .

I guess we need to get the version of both the sides before jumping to any conclusions..this is what the Athletes Federation of India has to say about the issue 

http://scroll.in/latest/814685/afi-refutes-op-jaishas-charges-says-runner-refused-refreshments-provided-for-olympics-marathon

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Seems like the blame game is on, what the two athletes had refused was the offer of personalised drinks, as they are both from India, they would probably never have used any personalised drinks. But since the athletes would be totally focused on their own pace and the actual race, it was the duty of Indian officials to provide them with water and other energy drinks. It is also reported that no one was present at the Indian desk, probably they were busy taking selfies elsewhere! On one hand it is this apathy and indifference and then over the board adulation if they win any medals. Like I always say, the priorities of Indians are completely wrong! Sick mentality!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Of course AFI while refuting Jaisha's allegations saying that she and her coach declined the offer of personalized drinks for the Athlete.

Jaisha and Kavita the Indian Participants say there was nothing to  drink at our Stations. Not even water.

I must say Jaisha is not new to Marathon. She ran in Beijing World's last year to finish 18 th.

The real things surface up only after an enquiry.

rambabu wrote:

Of course AFI while refuting Jaisha's allegations saying that she and her coach declined the offer of personalized drinks for the Athlete.

Jaisha and Kavita the Indian Participants say there was nothing to  drink at our Stations. Not even water.

I must say Jaisha is not new to Marathon. She ran in Beijing World's last year to finish 18 th.

The real things surface up only after an enquiry.

I agree Jaisha took 30 minutes more than her last outing. She may be covering up her failure. An enquiry will help out

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.