Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Public figures, politicians and even the people must exercise utmost caution while expressing their views or opinions in Public.The dividing line between adherence to 'Freedom Of Speech " and  its violation is very thin. We have been seeing incidents where Freedom of Speech is violated advertently or inadvertently  by the  leaders and how they are putting themselves in troubles. Such ugly incidents could have been avoided with a bit of caution.

Every freedom comes with a limitation and a duty. While people get carried away by their freedom, they forget about the complimentary duty and limitation. I feel that happens with the freedom of speech also. And when you use the freedom demeaning the limitation or thee duty, the freedom looses it's dignity add you actually abuse it. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

People who are talking about rights must be remember that they also have some duties.

Some quotes on freedom of speech

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter - George Washington 

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use - Soren Kierkegaard 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The best way is to give ideas and criticize ideas.  There should be no attack on individuals. Gandhi had said- hate the sin and not the sinner. This attitude will be a determinant to personal attack.  Freedom of speech becomes dreadful when used to attack individuals. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hate speech should not not be tolerated in the name of Free Speech. It has real and devastating effects on Peoples lives their Health and safety. It is harmful and divisive for Communities and hampers social progress in fighting discrimination. Left unchecked hate speech can lead to war and genocide. Although the right to speech is a fundamental value, it should not be allowed to over weigh the Basic Human rights  of other people, especially their right to life.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.