The topic is locked.

Today is Sri Krishna Janmashtami , one of the major festivals here ..In fact due to some solar/lunar calculations this year Janmashtami will be celebrated here for two days, today and tomorrow and day after tomorrow will be Vitla Pindi or Mosaru kudike as we call it here , when the procession is taken with Krishna's idol and youngsters climb up to break the pots tied to a rope high above the ground ..

happy krishna janmashtami greetings and cards 01

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Same to you. We in AP celebrate Janmastami tomorrow..   In AP too the main ritual is  Dahi Handi,  . We call it as UTTI.

Happy Janmashtami to all let us celebrate this festival with joy and full happiness.

sdfafa

While surfing  the net, i found these Beautiful pictures of Krishna paintings.

See for more

https://www.mojarto.com/blogs/top-6-krishna-artworks-for-your-walls-this-janmashtami?pfrom=home-specialprojects

Artwork By Jitu Salvi , Patan

Krishna jayanrhi wishes to one n all... In Chennai we will b celebrating tmrw

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

We too in AP celebrate tomorrow. The main ritual known as ' Dahi Handi " or the Pot of Curd hanging high with a rope will bebroken by the youngsters. But I'm hearing, it's being banned by the court as it involves possibilities of Sustaining injuries.

Nand Ke Anand Bhi, Bhyo Kanhiya Lal, Jai Sri Krishan.

anil wrote:

Wah Wah. On Kangaiya Lal's Janmastami, you made a beautiful post.'

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thanks,tommarrow  here we will celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday. Many people keep fast on this day.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thanks,tommarrow  here we will celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday. Many people keep fast on this day.

Yes.Same fasting, same rituals here in my state AP.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Yes.Same fasting, same rituals here in my state AP.

South don't celebrate other festivals of North, Depawali, Holi, Rakshbandhan, but looking Janamashtami is universal festival for whole country.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.