The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Nand Ke Anand Bhi, Bhyo Kanhiya Lal, Jai Sri Krishan.

Wah Wah. On Kangaiya Lal's Janmastami, you made a beautiful post.'

Thanks,tommarrow  here we will celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday. Many people keep fast on this day.

Yes.Same fasting, same rituals here in my state AP.

South don't celebrate other festivals of North, Depawali, Holi, Rakshbandhan, but looking Janamashtami is universal festival for whole country.

Deepawali and Janmastami celebrated in South. But not Rakshabandhan.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thanks,tommarrow  here we will celebrate Lord Krishna's birthday. Many people keep fast on this day.

South don't celebrate other festivals of North, Depawali, Holi, Rakshbandhan, but looking Janamashtami is universal festival for whole country.

AS I know celebration of Deeawali in South is limited up to lighting Deepaks and making sweets. But in North it is principal festival. Even Government pay bonus to employs on this festival.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

AS I know celebration of Deeawali in South is limited up to lighting Deepaks and making sweets. But in North it is principal festival. Even Government pay bonus to employs on this festival.

In South, especially in AP, the main festival is Sankranti followed by Dasara.  It's during Dasara ,Government employees will be Given Bonus.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

We may not celebrate Raksha bandan and Holi in the south but Krishnashtami and Deepavali are major festivals here. In fact during Krishnasthami we get a lot of tourists who come to Udipi to witness the celebrations which last for 2 or three days. Deepavali is celebrated here for almost a week since you have different celebrations like Lakshmi pooja, Gopooja ( worshiping the cow) other than the three days of Deepavali.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Right now, I am seeing arrangements are being done for Dahi Handi a few Blocks away from my Flat. After a while I will be witnessing Youngsters forming like a Pyramid standing   over each other to break the Pot filled with Curd.

Thats my little krishna all decked up today. Happy Krishna Jayanthi to all once againrrrrr

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

In AP , children below 4  years are made up like young Krishna. And in the evening there will be short plays depicting the glimpses of Young Krishna's childhood and his mischievous deeds.

Very cute Divya !

Today is Janmashtami and Mosaru kudike or dahi handi is celebrated the next day not the same day

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Divya

According to Telugu Panchangam or Telugu Almanac, Utti or Dahi Habndi (In fact the so called Dahi Handi is not filled with Curd, but with Milk ) will be strted in the evening in both AP and Telangana.

The panchanga is the same everywhere, may be written in different languages 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.