The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree nothing is sacred now , since money rules everything ! Thankfully here we still have the same old traditional Tiger dances and processions . Not sure how long it will last though ..

25us51

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha, enjoy it while you can, I guess it won't last long! Nothing is left sacred any more!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

usha manohar wrote:

I agree nothing is sacred now , since money rules everything ! Thankfully here we still have the same old traditional Tiger dances and processions . Not sure how long it will last though ..

25us51

That's a good Pic. In my place, these Tiger Dances are very much prevalent in almost all the festivals, especially in a local Goddess festival known as . " Ammavari Panduga." But in the recent times things changed. The musical instruments used earlier like Trumpets and traditional Drums are replaced by Electronic Synthesizers, and Bongo Drums creating more noise. Now we are going to have Ganesh Chaturthi soon. You will see Ganeshas  dancing on the Dias holding Guitars. The old charm of traditional fragrance  drowned  under the name of Modernity.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.