Interpersonal Communication skills are very essential to avoid misunderstandings and confusion.  For example, many people give less importance to Hearing the other man's point of view. This is a bad practice.  Listening is always more valuable than talking.

This thread throws light on some of the Vital aspects to be adhered to while Communicating with others.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/5-simple-and-obvious-tips-for-better-communication.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree. When you answer some body, you must listen to him well first. All our relation and action depend on effective communication. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I agree. When you answer some body, you must listen to him well first. All our relation and action depend on effective communication. 

I agree. In conversations and discussions most of the people indulge in Bulldozing leading to misunderstandings and chaos, which is undesirable.  A conversation sans Listening the others views are  nothing but Battles in words.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

I agree with that, totally dominating conversation or discussion , barging in at every level  even when they have very little to contribute, is a disgusting trait some have. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We have seen how Dogmatism, sticking to their own point of view in the discussions lead to fights ultimately leading to personal attacks. Such discussions should be avoided. They are mere street Fights.

I believe interpersonal communication is an art. Those who have mastered this art are very good at listening as well as a very good respondent. This skill is compulsory to have a fruitful discussion or else every effort goes in vain. 

shampasaid

One who is good at interpersonal communication, enables to work more effectively and  smoothly Such person will give  lot of  importance to the others point of view. This skill is essential to pave way  to a healthy atmosphere.. Other wise a discussion becomes a battle ground.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I believe interpersonal communication is an art. Those who have mastered this art are very good at listening as well as a very good respondent. This skill is compulsory to have a fruitful discussion or else every effort goes in vain. 

Communication is the key to any successful relationship and career. Within a family, more so because you are constantly spending time with one another and there is always the possibility of mis understanding and misinterpretation !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Communication is the key to any successful relationship and career. Within a family, more so because you are constantly spending time with one another and there is always the possibility of mis understanding and misinterpretation !

Very rightly said! This skill is very much required and it becomes quite handy while handling the teens as well as very young adults. The problem between the young ones and the parents arises when no side is ready to listen each other. Neither dictatorship of the parents nor the foolish adamant attitude of the young ones solve any issue. It has to be a healthy communication with proper hearing of each other and every issue gets solved. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Very rightly said! This skill is very much required and it becomes quite handy while handling the teens as well as very young adults. The problem between the young ones and the parents arises when no side is ready to listen each other. Neither dictatorship of the parents nor the foolish adamant attitude of the young ones solve any issue. It has to be a healthy communication with proper hearing of each other and every issue gets solved. 

We face problems even within a nuclear family structure, so one can imagine the kind of stress that might be there in extended families where the in laws live with their sons family or a joint family...

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

We face problems even within a nuclear family structure, so one can imagine the kind of stress that might be there in extended families where the in laws live with their sons family or a joint family...

Oh yes, It's a regular feature. The aged in-laws hardly prefer to listen rather directly or indirectly they try to impose their wish. They never want to accept the fact that the family cannot run like the way they did and it builds up stress in the family. Patient hearing is very important but it is usually missing in our families. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.