http://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis/the-bachchan-letter-continues-the-legacy-of-ignoring-the-matriarch/story-UCCqILgYC5RyimoEfSB8lI.html

While going through the above mentioned link I got reminded what @usha manohar wrote in the thread related to Mr. Amitabh Bachchan's letter to his grand daughters. I do feel that when a man do not give due importance to the ladies of the house as well as to the biological families of the ladies then gender discrimination will never come to an end. What's your thought?

shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Very rightly said Shampa..ours is not just a patriarchal society but one that is steeped in double standards. Look at any official document, where a father's name is mandatory, mothers name rarely asked. If a woman needs to apply for visa or any travel documents she needs the signature of her husband , which amounts to getting his permission and approval but the man does not need the signature of his wife. However, if you have money and power you can sail through anything...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Even in this forum this thread has not attracted members to opine on matriarch and I feel really sad. The ladies are not against the males of their families rather they feel proud about their success, then, why don't the males come out openly to highlight and appreciate the qualities and success of the female family members?  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Even in this forum this thread has not attracted members to opine on matriarch and I feel really sad. The ladies are not against the males of their families rather they feel proud about their success, then, why don't the males come out openly to highlight and appreciate the qualities and success of the female family members?  

It is probably the mental conditioning of the centuries that the males are superior and they are to be obeyed and followed and respected, probably the reason behind this.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It is probably the mental conditioning of the centuries that the males are superior and they are to be obeyed and followed and respected, probably the reason behind this.

True, even today when some important decisions regarding money or property issues are  made within the family , ladies are never consulted in most families..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

True, even today when some important decisions regarding money or property issues are  made within the family , ladies are never consulted in most families..

That is the case even with many educated and financially sufficient ladies. Either the husbands control  their money or the women themselves are reluctant to do so.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very rightly said by both of you @usha manohar and @kalyani nandurkar. This is truly a tragic state of our country. Movies with such theme get rave reviews in our country but at home the story is usually very different. I am very happy about the fact that presently the women in mid twenties are very clear about their life. They know what they want and they are in run to achieve it. Hope this improves the condition of the females in the near future. I really pity the men of India that they have not learnt to give due respect to the females of their house. 

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Even our popular daily soaps depict the same, where the woman is either a Sati Savitri or a vamp who works, smokes,drinks and plots... honestly, can't they be normal and depict Normal characters instead of such stereotypes, which one can find only in India serials. 

The Ekta Kapoor serials are truly pathetic. Dealing with family politics, nasty thought process, revenge, non-stop crying and that old fashioned too good bahus make the serial a sick one.

Sharing with you a link to know about Jaya Bachchan's father:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/Honoured-to-be-Tarun-Bhaduris-daughter-Jaya/articleshow/46006496.cms

Mrs. Jaya Bachchan have many movies to her credit as heroine and she comes from a good background but Mr. Bachchan did not take pain to highlight that side. Actually, he should remain indebted to his wife that she gave up her established career only to take care of their family and home.   

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The Ekta Kapoor serials are truly pathetic. Dealing with family politics, nasty thought process, revenge, non-stop crying and that old fashioned too good bahus make the serial a sick one.

Sharing with you a link to know about Jaya Bachchan's father:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kolkata/Honoured-to-be-Tarun-Bhaduris-daughter-Jaya/articleshow/46006496.cms

Mrs. Jaya Bachchan have many movies to her credit as heroine and she comes from a good background but Mr. Bachchan did not take pain to highlight that side. Actually, he should remain indebted to his wife that she gave up her established career only to take care of their family and home.   

Of course Jaya Bachan comes from a educated and cultured middle class family, one could see that she had class right from her first film..She was an excellent actress but had to toe the line after her marriage. I am told that Amitabh and his parents too were not happy to see her working. She must have a lot of pent up frustration which comes out every now and then when she is questioned and irritated by journalists now and then .. I feel sorry for her ! Of course people make fun of her and pass negative comments, but that is to be expected since most people prefer to see only glitter.

If it's true that Amitabh Bachchan was against Jaya's career after marriage then I get reminded of their movie Abhiman. I have heard from someone in the past that Hrishikesh Mukherjee had opined while the shooting of this movie was going on that the story of the film may prove to be true in the real life too. Well, it was avoided because the lady opted to manage her home. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.