Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

If it's true that Amitabh Bachchan was against Jaya's career after marriage then I get reminded of their movie Abhiman. I have heard from someone in the past that Hrishikesh Mukherjee had opined while the shooting of this movie was going on that the story of the film may prove to be true in the real life too. Well, it was avoided because the lady opted to manage her home. 

I think Jaya opted to stay because of precisely the same reasons, and that was the time when male and female equality was not becoming trendy as it is now. Actresses of today's industry get more freedom than Jaya, Hema etc got and probably the reason Why Amitabh too didn't let her work was because that was the era of male domination. He could have made an exception and chosen to be more giving and tolerant but he didn't! That was his loss, I guess.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

jaya did act in a few films like Silsila, Naukar etc after she had children. But one could say that her active career was finished by then..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

jaya did act in a few films like Silsila, Naukar etc after she had children. But one could say that her active career was finished by then..

Yes she did act but not as the leading heroine! Not seen Naukar but was Amitabh too in it?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Yes she did act but not as the leading heroine! Not seen Naukar but was Amitabh too in it?

No Kalyani , Naukar had Jaya with Sanjeev Kumar and it was a really nice film , simple and down to earth.  There is a beautiful lorie sung by both Lata and Kishore ..Chandni re jhoom ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Yes Naukar is a film with Jaya and Sanjeev Kumar in leading roles. The Movie was directed by Ismail Memon. For her role Jaya earned her a Third Filmfare Award.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

During Silsila, Rekha was reigning the film industry as a heroine. Jaya acted in some popular movies after her comeback but she lost that peak time. The fact is it all depends upon the lady of the house to take the call but I think a little bit of encouragement, support and adjustment by the man of the house can change the lives of Indian women. Talent would not go wasted as in this case. 

shampasaid

Since we are speaking about films and actresses, one can see that inspite of earning well and being financially independent, they are eiither manipulated  by their parents or brothers before marriage and by the husband after they get married. Things may be different now because the present day actresses are very independent while it comes to their personal lives ..

usha manohar wrote:

Since we are speaking about films and actresses, one can see that inspite of earning well and being financially independent, they are eiither manipulated  by their parents or brothers before marriage and by the husband after they get married. Things may be different now because the present day actresses are very independent while it comes to their personal lives ..

Yes, present day actresses are really strong minded. They have their eyes fixed on to their goal but it was not the case even some years back. For example: Padmini Kolahapure, Madhuri Dixit, Rati Agnihotri, Kajol and the list is endless. They are popular names so we are able to cite their names as example but numerous ladies in our middle class society just give up their own desire and lead the life of a second fiddle.  

shampasaid

That 's the unfortunate part of it. Women are yet to come off age. 

rambabu wrote:

That 's the unfortunate part of it. Women are yet to come off age. 

You threw no light why women usually opt to leave their dream. Men need to be progressive minded and not just become financially secured and status conscious as most of them are like that. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.