Today is the last and final day of Onam festival which is a harvest festival,  celebrated with great joy by all my Malayali friends online and real life. Onam is a major festival for Keralites and Malayalis living in gulf countries and elsewhere  in India get home to be with their extended families during this time. I am posting an article link that gives some information about the festival and its significance. Later I go for lunch with my neighbors which I do every year. The elaborate vegetarian meal is called  Onam Sadiya and has anything between 15 -17 dishes. Here is wishing Happy Onam to all..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bhopal/Onam-today-Keralites-ready-to-welcome-King-Mahabali/articleshow/54321051.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes. Here in Vizag too Keralites celebrate this 10 day festival.  Onam is marked as a festival for welcoming King Mahabali.

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Happy onam friends...!!!

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Same to you. Happy Onam.

Never been to Kerala and have never witnessed the celebration anywhere near to me. Only get to know through movie. Happy Onam!

shampasaid

WE have in Vizag a good number of Malayalles who celebrate Onam with religious fervor. I attended their Onam celebrations many times.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Never been to Kerala and have never witnessed the celebration anywhere near to me. Only get to know through movie. Happy Onam!

Other than Onam Keralite Hindus celebrate Vishu , Attukkal Pongal and a few other festivals as well.. But Onam is the most important festival of Kerala.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Other than Onam Keralite Hindus celebrate Vishu , Attukkal Pongal and a few other festivals as well.. But Onam is the most important festival of Kerala.

I have read about these festivals but never got an opportunity to see the celebration personally. Being Indians we are still so much deprived of enjoying every bit of Indian celebrations from one corner to another.

shampasaid

Happy Onam to all the members.

same to you

rambabu why do you simply post fo the sake of posting without adding anything positive...It has become a disease and an obsession with you to post on every single thread after every single post..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.