Reading has been acknowledged as one of the Main factors that contributes to the Vocabulary and knowledge of Children.

Luckily for me, my father who had a big collection of Books including Folk tales for children  from all over the World, made me a Book worm right from my  Child hood. These Books which were filled with Cartoons attracted me so much that I had become a Book addict in my later years.

Inject the habit of Book reading in  your children too.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yea it's imp to instill the habit of reading in kids as early as possible. As they say a book is a mans best friend... But with changing times I guess more hand bound and paper bound books r being replaced by Kindle versions. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Yes I agree. But  when the child is very young,its not advisable  to allow the child to use computers. Cartoon Books  will Help. Children  will enjoy more at the same time they develop the Book reading habit.

I agree but I think it does help to b in tune with technology also... For eg my son listens to these panchatrantra tales in the ipad... It comes with narrations n animations ... He not only enjoys but is also able to pick up the language n pronunciation...from a young age

There is a time for everything. Book reading Habit in children should start at an early age. And for the exposure to computers  will come at a later stage May be when the child starts going to school. I used to read Bed time stories when they were just 3 years old. And . Such bed time stories will help a lot. in creating an interest in Book reading in children.

Unless a child is a good reader he or she will not be able to read anything either on the net or kindle so children should be taught to read and develop a liking for books right from the time they begin to speak which is around 18 months..Story telling and reading and showing picture books make them respect books and you can see that a child that has been exposed to books seldom tears or destroys papers ,books or any reading material..

Here , it is not enough just to profess a liking for books but also essential for everyone to read and understand before posting links  or advising others to read anything for that matte.  A person with love for books would automatically read because he or she already has an interest in books and knowledge, the rest simply post links without bothering to know the content !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

'Im an ardent Book reader. My grand child  4 years old loves Picture Story books. Her mother, a good singer sings moral stories while showing her child picture books. Now her daughter asks for story books. I'm sure she's going to develop the reading habit in due course.

Children like pictures more. So, children need be first introduced to comics. Elder can narrate the story while the child watches the pictures. This will create interest for reading. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree. There are many Books with pictures that are capable of  creating interest in the Child. Parents should know this and provide a full support to their children by giving the children Books.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Children like pictures more. So, children need be first introduced to comics. Elder can narrate the story while the child watches the pictures. This will create interest for reading. 

In fact even educationists suggest that we first make them visualise, hear, read and then write.But somehow our education system begins the other way round by forcing children to write first without either visualising, understanding or being able to read ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

In fact even educationists suggest that we first make them visualise, hear, read and then write.But somehow our education system begins the other way round by forcing children to write first without either visualising, understanding or being able to read ..

Things are certainly changing now, the pace may be slow but it's there. School curriculum hv changed drastically for the kindergartens.... They r learning phonetics... Having a lot visual learnings along with the touch, feel and celebrate. 

I will not say this change is applicable everywhere... Yes mostly big Private schools only hv this type of teaching... But I would say it's still a beginning.

My 5 yr old Learns all these aling with his writing...so I am happy 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.