Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I agree with you.. However many schools especially preschoolers have started the other way round as per educationist recommendation, now instead of learning to write first, children are more involved into visual and reading aspect first. 

Divya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Children like pictures more. So, children need be first introduced to comics. Elder can narrate the story while the child watches the pictures. This will create interest for reading. 

In fact even educationists suggest that we first make them visualise, hear, read and then write.But somehow our education system begins the other way round by forcing children to write first without either visualising, understanding or being able to read ..

Things are certainly changing now, the pace may be slow but it's there. School curriculum hv changed drastically for the kindergartens.... They r learning phonetics... Having a lot visual learnings along with the touch, feel and celebrate. 

I will not say this change is applicable everywhere... Yes mostly big Private schools only hv this type of teaching... But I would say it's still a beginning.

My 5 yr old Learns all these aling with his writing...so I am happy 

It is only 15% of the students who have that privilege , the rest of the vast majority study in government schools where having a roof over their head and teachers having a staff room and a toilet is considered to be a luxury ! The International schools, boarding schools and majority of the private schools follow the Phonics system of education but again it is just a creamy layer !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha ... That is exactly what I have also mentioned in my post. As u say 15% what I am saying is even if it's 5% it's the beginning of a change. So we should welcome and encourage that. 

I feel these will slowly make it's ways into the school curriculum so that all schools vl follow suit and not just the creamy layer

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Children like pictures more. So, children need be first introduced to comics. Elder can narrate the story while the child watches the pictures. This will create interest for reading. 

A picture is worth more than thousand words. Children understand and enjoy Picture Books. This is true even for Children of 4 years. In my family, my father used to give me Picture Books, so that I can develop my reading habits in my later years. My father's expectations became true. Now I'm a voracious Book reader

Divya wrote:

@Usha ... That is exactly what I have also mentioned in my post. As u say 15% what I am saying is even if it's 5% it's the beginning of a change. So we should welcome and encourage that. 

I feel these will slowly make it's ways into the school curriculum so that all schools vl follow suit and not just the creamy layer

Going by statistics, that is what we have managed to achieve after 70 years of Independence. In fact many of the prestigious private schools were started by the British and even among the other private schools , not all follow phonics method, they still stick with the age old method of teaching. Going by that it would take several centuries to come even half way. The gap between the two is far too wide to close in that quickly . First of all basics need to be met with for government schools which in itself will be a very expensive affair and unless individual organizations pool in it will go on as it is now..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Private schools in India are definitely expensive. They are business Oriented. .  Despite this,Parents are more inclined towards Private schools. The reason is Government Schools poor standards' in India.

Improvement in imparting Quality of education should be motto of  Government Schools. In the absence of it, the Government Schools  Condition remain forever like this.

The condition in rural areas still deplorable. There  are  schools,without Teachers. There are teachers without Schools. I know in rural areas, children walking through knee deep waters of  streams to attend Private schools. if the educational standards in Government Schools are even somewhat better , parents would  have preferred Government schools.

usha manohar wrote:
Divya wrote:

Going by statistics, that is what we have managed to achieve after 70 years of Independence. In fact many of the prestigious private schools were started by the British and even among the other private schools , not all follow phonics method, they still stick with the age old method of teaching. Going by that it would take several centuries to come even half way. The gap between the two is far too wide to close in that quickly . First of all basics need to be met with for government schools which in itself will be a very expensive affair and unless individual organizations pool in it will go on as it is now..

I would beg to differ here. These changes have been drastically fast after the advent of internet and technology advancement. So we should not be looking at the 70 year timeline but the last 10 to 15 years when internet has made its way to the schools. Also the with efforts being made to bring more villages under the "cloud" the growth is likely to be faster than we can imagine. Another important thing to note here is that technology is growing very fast. More and more innovations are being made in this field, so its imperative that the schools also fall in line,,, which they eventually will. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Divya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Divya wrote:

I would beg to differ here. These changes have been drastically fast after the advent of internet and technology advancement. So we should not be looking at the 70 year timeline but the last 10 to 15 years when internet has made its way to the schools. Also the with efforts being made to bring more villages under the "cloud" the growth is likely to be faster than we can imagine. Another important thing to note here is that technology is growing very fast. More and more innovations are being made in this field, so its imperative that the schools also fall in line,,, which they eventually will. 

Of course you are welcome to your views...However,  unless you visit the remote areas and experience it is not possible to conclude. When it is a fact that in many remote villages children have no road access nor electricity , one can forget about internet. If interested you can go through the link for my contest thread where I have added some more details..

https://www.boddunan.com/forum/discussions/daily-dose/244091-contest-thread-pros-and-cons-of-indian-education-system.html#p425938

Well study is such thing in which we can be successful only if we have the intend habit of reading books, well my parents never forced me to read books but from the childhood itself I was very eager to read tales and story of cartoon characters, in a way I find that reading makes a student a perfect reader.  

sdfafa

Book reading habits are essential for children. This habit will pay rich dividends if it is started at the earliest.  To achieve this Parents should should  do some of these activities.Children below 5 years love to see Illustrated Books. Parents should sit by their side and ask questions related to  pictures in the Book.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.