Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There were several female comedians I. The fifties and sixties like Tub Tun, Manorama, Shuba Khote and so on..the wheel concept of filmmaking has changed now..I guess it is also a reflection of the times where sense if humor has taken a back seat because people seem to be over stressed and overtly egoistic to laugh at themselves at least some of the times. They don't realise it is the best stress buster ever 

Exactly. But Manorama, Shashikala and Tuntun in many cases had a shade of vamp in them. And mostly they had female issuues portrayed through their characters like a greedy sister in law or torturing mother-in-law

These female comedians that you have named were either very fat or displayed some or the other kind of physical defect which was used to bring out the comic angle. Other than these, there are no other memorable female comedians. Truth is, it is not that women do not understand humour, it is just that in our society, women are taught and conditioned from birth not to display their emotions in public and to remain inhibited all the time. It is only now that women are shedding their inhibitions and expressing themselves vocally. I guess, soon we will see some real good women comedians too.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

Girija is a well  known female Comedian. She acted in many Telugu Movies. Her famous  and most successful Telugu Movies are Patala Bhairavi,, Velugu Needalu, Naa Illu to name a few. Girija acted  in some Tamil Movies also

Yes, it is true that most of the comedians are male but I too think that somewhere the humour in women fades away after the marriage because of household tensions.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:Yes, it is true that most of the comedians are male but I too think that somewhere the humour in women fades away after the marriage because of household tensions.

You have hit the nail on the head..the family burden in most cases always falls on the ladies. I know of households where women are not supposed to laugh loudly, it is considered indecent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:

Having a sense of humour is considered as a boon. Why , there are female comedians too. There are several  woman Comedians in Telugu Movie Field like Sri Laksmi. Kpvai Sarala to name a few

One name is enough for Hindi movie Tun Tun

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Having a sense of humour is considered as a boon. Why , there are female comedians too. There are several  woman Comedians in Telugu Movie Field like Sri Laksmi. Kpvai Sarala to name a few

Uma devi Khatri or Tun Tun was  Hindi Cinema's first ever Comedienne. She made her debut as a solo Playback singer. Some of her famous songs are, Afsana Likh rahi ghoon, Yeh Kaun Chala Meri Aankhon mein Samakar to name a few

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Uma devi Khatri or Tun Tun was  Hindi Cinema's first ever Comedienne. She made her debut as a solo Playback singer. Some of her famous songs are, Afsana Likh rahi ghoon, Yeh Kaun Chala Meri Aankhon mein Samakar to name a few

appearance on screen of Tuntun is enough to laugh. Tuntun begins her debut in acting for Babul. In this film Dalip Kumar called with name Tuntun, so later it was her screen name in movies.

usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:Yes, it is true that most of the comedians are male but I too think that somewhere the humour in women fades away after the marriage because of household tensions.

You have hit the nail on the head..the family burden in most cases always falls on the ladies. I know of households where women are not supposed to laugh loudly, it is considered indecent !

That's what I exactly feel . A social upbringing where we are not allowed to laugh out loud. Moreover, multiple roles in and out of house and the expectation of being a liberated women does take away our lighter side.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

appearance on screen of Tuntun is enough to laugh. Tuntun begins her debut in acting for Babul. In this film Dalip Kumar called with name Tuntun, so later it was her screen name in movies.

So that was how, Tun tun name got. This a new information for me

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

So that was how, Tun tun name got. This a new information for me

Musician Nausas was mentor of Uma devi in Bolloywood. When Lata Mangeshkar was success in Bollywood there was no room for female singers of loud voice. Nausad suggest Uma to act in movies. She put condition that I will start acting only with Dalip Kumar. So she got chance in Babul. Nausad was producer of this film.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.