Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Having a sense of humour is considered as a boon. Why , there are female comedians too. There are several  woman Comedians in Telugu Movie Field like Sri Laksmi. Kpvai Sarala to name a few

One name is enough for Hindi movie Tun Tun

Uma devi Khatri or Tun Tun was  Hindi Cinema's first ever Comedienne. She made her debut as a solo Playback singer. Some of her famous songs are, Afsana Likh rahi ghoon, Yeh Kaun Chala Meri Aankhon mein Samakar to name a few

appearance on screen of Tuntun is enough to laugh. Tuntun begins her debut in acting for Babul. In this film Dalip Kumar called with name Tuntun, so later it was her screen name in movies.

So that was how, Tun tun name got. This a new information for me

Musician Nausas was mentor of Uma devi in Bolloywood. When Lata Mangeshkar was success in Bollywood there was no room for female singers of loud voice. Nausad suggest Uma to act in movies. She put condition that I will start acting only with Dalip Kumar. So she got chance in Babul. Nausad was producer of this film.

As a Heroine or a side actress ?

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:Yes, it is true that most of the comedians are male but I too think that somewhere the humour in women fades away after the marriage because of household tensions.

You have hit the nail on the head..the family burden in most cases always falls on the ladies. I know of households where women are not supposed to laugh loudly, it is considered indecent !

That's what I exactly feel . A social upbringing where we are not allowed to laugh out loud. Moreover, multiple roles in and out of house and the expectation of being a liberated women does take away our lighter side.

I suppose to a certain extent women themselves are to be blamed because they give undue importance and stress on  motherhood and family responsibilities. One can mange without getting stressed thereby passing it on to other family members as well. It is all the more if you have to juggle between a job and hoe responsibilities .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:

yes, there are a few of female comedians. But the arena is mainly ruled by male. I would like to send a link to one of my blogs about this topic, but I am not sure whether it is allowed or will be taken as personal promotion. But if moderators feel, I can do that, I will. 

Agree with you. I believe and noticed the same thing. Couple of weeks back I was talking with my friends about the same topic. The reason we thought is many weird acts men can do easily and it looks funny on them while if women does the same act it looks very weird. For instance, when male comedian talks about some sexual or personal issues we might take it littly and laugh over it but if women comidian do the same act we all will think what kind of women she is talking so vulgar in front of so many people?  

Completely agree with @bajirao here...

It's not that women dnt hv a sense of humour..but it's probably that they have a so called "good family girl" reputation to live upto... Women need to be careful of the audience when ever they speak... That's how our society is...I am sure in their own gang of girls...each women has her own sense of humour...

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

The social expectations are different for male and female. Not only on screen, but even in politics we find the same. Well, politicians in our country have sadly been comedians most of the times. But still, we do not have a female Laloo Yadav in politics.

Lewd and nasty remarks come easily from a male and do not raise eyebrows but if it is from a female.. we raise our eyebrows and sometimes can not take it with the same spirit.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

This is a male dominated Society. MCPs think a woman should speak of  religious scriptures. Anything other than this is considered as  a Sin. Even in Movies, the Script writers avoid any lewd dialogues for the Woman characters.Otherwise the movie and the characters invite the wrath of the Society.

Arunima Singh wrote:

The social expectations are different for male and female. Not only on screen, but even in politics we find the same. Well, politicians in our country have sadly been comedians most of the times. But still, we do not have a female Laloo Yadav in politics.

Lewd and nasty remarks come easily from a male and do not raise eyebrows but if it is from a female.. we raise our eyebrows and sometimes can not take it with the same spirit.

As far as Politics is concerned we have Mayawati who is as comical as Lalu is and among religious leaders we have many comedians , leading them all is Radhe maa the mother of all..

radhe ma

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Having a sense of humour is considered as a boon. Why , there are female comedians too. There are several  woman Comedians in Telugu Movie Field like Sri Laksmi. Kpvai Sarala to name a few

Uma devi Khatri or Tun Tun was  Hindi Cinema's first ever Comedienne. She made her debut as a solo Playback singer. Some of her famous songs are, Afsana Likh rahi ghoon, Yeh Kaun Chala Meri Aankhon mein Samakar to name a few

appearance on screen of Tuntun is enough to laugh. Tuntun begins her debut in acting for Babul. In this film Dalip Kumar called with name Tuntun, so later it was her screen name in movies.

Musician Nausas was mentor of Uma devi in Bolloywood. When Lata Mangeshkar was success in Bollywood there was no room for female singers of loud voice. Nausad suggest Uma to act in movies. She put condition that I will start acting only with Dalip Kumar. So she got chance in Babul. Nausad was producer of this film.

As side actress, Nargis was heroine of this movie.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Dileep and Nargis combination !! But  I like Raj Kapoor - Nargis combination.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Dileep and Nargis combination !! But  I like Raj Kapoor - Nargis combination.

Yes, they are best one on screen couple of that time but Dalip and Nargis also gave some nice movies, Babul, Jogan, Andaz.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.