Muslim women for Hazi Ali and Hindu women for Sabramalai temple.

What are your views on the Right to pray irrespective of the gender?? Is it issue related to religious sentiments and beliefs or a gender equality issue?

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Every body, irrespective of the gender has a right to Pray. Denial of women' entry in to Places of worship like  Hazi Ali or Sabarimala temple are  merely  superstitions created by respective pseudo religious Gurus. Barring a woman from entering a few Prominent Temples or setting foot in the inner shrine on the grounds of impurity should be condemned.

In a male dominated world all rules of domination will be directed at women. Males want to retain superiority at all costs by hook or crook. Religion, morality etc are all different garbs to do so. 

i personally feel we should continue these traditions. Yes the reason why these temples or mosques are not allowing the women is not right, but at the same time it is a long time belief. Being a malayali, i will talk about sabarimala here. It has been a tradition that only men are allowed to enter the temple ( and women before and after a certain age), it is belief which is instilled in the heart and minds of the people. Allowing women will not have any benefit, it does not mean gender equality. If that is what we are aiming then there are so many other places were we need to establish this equality first. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

A PIL filed several Women Activists urging the Court to lift Restrictions imposed on entry in the Dargah  by the Hazi Ali Dargah Trust, the High court has decided to hear the case. I think by Wednesday, the Verdict will come out

This heinous rule restricting woman to inner Sanctum Sanctorum should come to an end.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/trupti-desai-haji-ali-entry-of-women-bombay-high-court-verdict-2880566/

rambabu wrote:

A PIL filed several Women Activists urging the Court to lift Restrictions imposed on entry in the Dargah  by the Hazi Ali Dargah Trust, the High court has decided to hear the case. I think by Wednesday, the Verdict will come out

This heinous rule restricting woman to inner Sanctum Sanctorum should come to an end.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/trupti-desai-haji-ali-entry-of-women-bombay-high-court-verdict-2880566/

There are more heinous things that happening, which need to be given more importance. Entry of women in temple and dargah is just religious beliefs. I strongly feel we should keep them. For those who follow their religion religiously these things matter a lot. And let me tell you even if the court allows women entry, no religious woman would actually want to go there. 

Why the Bombay High Court intervened and decided to  take up the Case ? Because a number of Woman Activists Protested against the Ban on Women entering the Shani Shingnapur Temple and Haji Ali Dargah which is Clear cut case of discrimination.This is a PIL. Hence it involves all women irrespective of the Religion.

Basically everything including religious beliefs are based on gender discrimination. Barringvwonen from certain places of worship further shows the kind of disregard people had for women. This shd be condemned and rectified regardless of religion. Whethet a woman wants to exercise her rights to enter a time or not should be left to the individual. But there shd be no public place where women are not allowed, since it is discriminatory.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The simple question is why all discrimination are directed at women only? Why men are not subject to discrimination also? It is surprising to find a lady member support discrimination against women in temples. It shows how the conditioning of even discriminatory ideas takes roots from childhood and becomes a belief. One has to change with times.

vijay wrote:

The simple question is why all discrimination are directed at women only? Why men are not subject to discrimination also? It is surprising to find a lady member support discrimination against women in temples. It shows how the conditioning of even discriminatory ideas takes roots from childhood and becomes a belief. One has to change with times.

I do not support the discrimination. It is just a question of belief. Anyways is not a generalized discrimination..is it? India is country with countless number of temples. If women are not allowed (during a certain period of age) in one temple, i do not think it is to be treated as a national issue. Also what i am against is that this should not be treated as a gender equality issue... just by allowing women in this one temple or mosque does not mean equality is achieved. We should take steps to provide equality and opportunity to women in areas where it really matters... 

usha manohar wrote:

Basically everything including religious beliefs are based on gender discrimination. Barringvwonen from certain places of worship further shows the kind of disregard people had for women. This shd be condemned and rectified regardless of religion. Whethet a woman wants to exercise her rights to enter a time or not should be left to the individual. But there shd be no public place where women are not allowed, since it is discriminatory.

I totally agree with you. The law and religion should not discriminate. However, I would agree that it is an age old tradition and it will take some time for people to accept. But the choice should be left to the woman whether she wants to enter these sacred places or whether she chooses to follow the tradition. There were may discriminatory traditions against menstruating women and some of them still prevail - like not touching any male, Sitting separately, not entering kitchen etc.. They were traditions which changed with times but even some of modern women still choose to follow them.

SO choice should be left to adult and not forced as a religious verdict.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.