Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Denial of entry in to a Temple for Non Hindus is in vogue in Jagannath Temple too. In Tirupati, there is a Dress code which is mandatory.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

every one has a right to pray. I have  given up this right as this is of no use.  Women also have right to pray. Here the question is not about right to pray. The issue is of right to pray at particular place or temple.  Women are traditionally not allowed in some temples or other religious places.  There may be some reasons for this. Right to pray is not like human rights for food or life or travel or speech. We need not bother about such a petty and useless matter.

You are right that right to pray or it is good to say that pray at temples, is not human right but dening women from it is violation of right of equity. 

anil wrote:

every one has a right to pray. I have  given up this right as this is of no use.  Women also have right to pray. Here the question is not about right to pray. The issue is of right to pray at particular place or temple.  Women are traditionally not allowed in some temples or other religious places.  There may be some reasons for this. Right to pray is not like human rights for food or life or travel or speech. We need not bother about such a petty and useless matter.

You are right that right to pray or it is good to say that pray at temples, is not human right but dening women from it is violation of right of equity. 

If going to any temple is a right, It should be applicable to both Genders.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

If going to any temple is a right, It should be applicable to both Genders.

I think it is right. Where men can go women also can go.

With all that Hindu temples are the most discriminatory..I know of several temples where people belonging to other religion are not allowed to enter , so also ladies not allowed to go to certain parts of the temple ..it was started probably with some valid reason but later became a rigid practice that took on a different meaning altogether.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

With all that Hindu temples are the most discriminatory..I know of several temples where people belonging to other religion are not allowed to enter , so also ladies not allowed to go to certain parts of the temple ..it was started probably with some valid reason but later became a rigid practice that took on a different meaning altogether.

I don't know  any temple in my city and state where people belongs to other religion are and ladies and not allowed. It is time that we must be changes ourself and forgot old traditions. If we will not change politicians will continue to fight us in the name of religion.

usha manohar wrote:

I think all these discriminatory acts should be shamed and banned. Based o caste system there was discrimination against certain castes. It was a rigid practise and has been called off . Though sadly still practised illegally in some rural parts. 

Such rigid practises hae to be challenged with changing times

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Praying  is a personal choice. In this regard, The Supreme Court posed a pertinent question, on what basis a Woman's entry in to Temples is prohibited. What is the Logic. Is there any answer with those who barred women's entry in to Temples ?

rambabu wrote:

Praying  is a personal choice. In this regard, The Supreme Court posed a pertinent question, on what basis a Woman's entry in to Temples is prohibited. What is the Logic. Is there any answer with those who barred women's entry in to Temples ?

Yes. They have answer. But only temple goers can understand. I being an atheist don't know reason either for entering temple or not going there or as to shy only men and not women should go there. 

Let me tell another custom. Men are not allowed to hear Kathhaa (story) on celebration of Karwa Chauth. If there is any man present while the katha is being narrated, he will be asked tro leave the room. May be women's enty in certain temples is banned for this. Some deity may be celibate (brahmachari) and so women's entry is prohibited.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree that for a non believer orevenn for a person who is not very religious , entering or not entering a temple would hardly matter. It is also understandable that each temple has its own set of rules like any other public institution. But gender discrimination has absolutely no basis to it except giving importance to the men. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.