Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Praying  is a personal choice. In this regard, The Supreme Court posed a pertinent question, on what basis a Woman's entry in to Temples is prohibited. What is the Logic. Is there any answer with those who barred women's entry in to Temples ?

Yes. They have answer. But only temple goers can understand. I being an atheist don't know reason either for entering temple or not going there or as to shy only men and not women should go there. 

Let me tell another custom. Men are not allowed to hear Kathhaa (story) on celebration of Karwa Chauth. If there is any man present while the katha is being narrated, he will be asked tro leave the room. May be women's enty in certain temples is banned for this. Some deity may be celibate (brahmachari) and so women's entry is prohibited.  

As far as sabarimala temple is concerned the reason why the women have been traditionally disallowed are:

1. The way to the temple was through forest and uninhabited places with many days of travel involved.

2. Climbing the hills again was an uphill task and it is even today

3. It would have meant the woman of the house would be away from house for many days. 

4. It traditionally involved strict diet and poojas for 41 days prior to the journey

So over the years it has become a custom and an identity of the temple itself. And i firmly believe that since religion is a faith , we should leave it to those who believe it as long as it is creating a problem in someone's life. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Each Temple has its own rules to be adhered to strictly. I heard that a woman's entry is forbidden into  Sabarimala temple is because , Women become  impure . Thats why a girl right from the days of attaining  puberty stage all women are denied entry in to the main temple.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Praying  is a personal choice. In this regard, The Supreme Court posed a pertinent question, on what basis a Woman's entry in to Temples is prohibited. What is the Logic. Is there any answer with those who barred women's entry in to Temples ?

Yes. They have answer. But only temple goers can understand. I being an atheist don't know reason either for entering temple or not going there or as to shy only men and not women should go there. 

Let me tell another custom. Men are not allowed to hear Kathhaa (story) on celebration of Karwa Chauth. If there is any man present while the katha is being narrated, he will be asked tro leave the room. May be women's enty in certain temples is banned for this. Some deity may be celibate (brahmachari) and so women's entry is prohibited.

The right cause behind not allowing men to hear kathha is that women of every age  present at that time and it may be possible that is present of men some women feel some hesitation in doing rituals attached with this Katthe. Nothing more than it. If entry of women is banned because of Brahmchhari deity, who will gave birth to these deities? 

Everyone has the right to pray, just because of some idiots this right gets complicated and restricted.

sdfafa

usha manohar wrote:

With all that Hindu temples are the most discriminatory..I know of several temples where people belonging to other religion are not allowed to enter , so also ladies not allowed to go to certain parts of the temple ..it was started probably with some valid reason but later became a rigid practice that took on a different meaning altogether.

As far my knowledge goes Mrs. Indira Gandhi was denied to enter Jagannath Temple even when she was the Prime Minister of India because she was not a Hindu. 

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

With all that Hindu temples are the most discriminatory..I know of several temples where people belonging to other religion are not allowed to enter , so also ladies not allowed to go to certain parts of the temple ..it was started probably with some valid reason but later became a rigid practice that took on a different meaning altogether.

As far my knowledge goes Mrs. Indira Gandhi was denied to enter Jagannath Temple even when she was the Prime Minister of India because she was not a Hindu.

Some followers of other religions are so rigid that they have not any respect for other religions, it is the only reason for not allowing peoples of other religions in temple. But it is not fair. In gurduwaras peoples of every religion can enter.

Indria Gandi done all that to avid any type of gossips. 

When you have a democracy there is no question of stopping people from using public places and temple is a public place. No other religion stops people from other faith to visit their holy places. i have visited many churches, mosques, jain temples , Parsee temples and so on. So, why should some Hindu temples and some mosques come up with these special categories and gender bias . It is man made and many a times outdated , so there is need for change .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Absolutely, men have created all such discrimination and our society is getting divided into fragments every now and then. It needs to be stopped. God is one and when we agree to this notion then who are these self proclaimed experts to show us a wrong path and provoke people to fight against each other.

shampasaid

No one has the authority to dictate terms on how to pray or How not to pray. One need not pay heed to such trash. My wife performs Puja every day. But she rarely goes to Temples. They say God is everywhere.  In that case, why one need to go all the way to a particular temple ?

I believe that when prohibitions are there in performing puja or visiting a worship place then it is only to create fear in the minds of the mortals. No one should fear God but we all should love God in our own way. It gives mental peace while you connect with God or else one is always afraid of  committing some mistake which will make God very angry and may lead to face His wrath. Human beings should be afraid of only one thing and that is one should not indulge into wrongdoings towards others as well as morally then only they have to face the music in life. I mean that God teaches them a lesson at some time or the other in their lives.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.