Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Festivals are now less and less connected with religion, giving etc and are now becoming more of events and parties where there is plenty of shopping, foods, show of wealth etc. Hardly one ever stops and gives a thought to the real meaning of the festivals. Be it Ganeshotsav, Eid, Diwali, Christmas or whatever. Festivals were supposed to be a time where people could take a breather from their daily routines, indulge in special foods, give what they had to the ones less fortunate etc. But are now reduced to a splurging of wealth and indulging in their own fantasies.

Very true Kalyani, it is more a show than any meaningful celebration where people realise the importance of the occasion. I must add here that most of the Hindu festivals end up messing up the cities unlike the minorities..after Ganesh visarjan all water bodies get polluted and after Diwali the entire city is filled with the debris. Unless people take care and clean up the mess , there is no point blaming the authorities or the govt ..

I fully agree to both of you. In fact , we have awareness and spreading awareness programs against crackers in full swing. I am just back from my shopping. I could still see people spending like mads over crackers. Money can buy crackers and what about the adverse effects on environment. People just ignore it. We do so much of cleaning before the festival and post festival, the city is full of debris and the effect on environment is there for generations to suffer.  I wonder if that is an indication to Goddess Laxmi to leave till next year. 

How can celebration be so stupid and insensitive??? 

Festivals are not responsible for this stupid and insensitive, we people are responsible for it. Bursting crackers is old tradition. But now time is changed our environment can not bear this pollution. Before 50 years we had not vehicles and factories like at present.

Environment Pollution, Noise Pollution endangers all of us.

Who will control it?

We the People. We are casing the Pollution. So we should control Polluion

Pollution during festivals esp Diwali no doubt causes pollution during the few days it is being celebrated . However much more is done by industries and vehicle emission which is constant , day in and day out . This has o be checked by the concerned authorities. 

Coming back to the topic , even in villages the good old Harikatha and other plays that were more related to customs and traditions rather than religion have all but vanished to be replaced by loud speakers and filmy dances of the worst kind. I guess people now fail to realise that there is a time and an occasion for everything !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Pollution during festivals esp Diwali no doubt causes pollution during the few days it is being celebrated . However much more is done by industries and vehicle emission which is constant , day in and day out . This has o be checked by the concerned authorities. 

Coming back to the topic , even in villages the good old Harikatha and other plays that were more related to customs and traditions rather than religion have all but vanished to be replaced by loud speakers and filmy dances of the worst kind. I guess people now fail to realise that there is a time and an occasion for everything !

It is very sad that most of these beautiful customs and traditions are dead or are on their last stage. Loud music and vulgar dances have dominated the celebrations of any kind. The real essence of festivals- finding inner soul, feel connected to it and having the feeling of reverence is all lost in loud meaningless celelbrations.

Coming to air pollution and damage to environment, vehicles and industries do it on a daily basis. But still someone can justify that as vehicles and industries are a part of necessities now, Though with little care and effort we can do our best to minimize them on daily basis. But how are crackers justified?? They are not necessity. People with respiratory ailments are house arrested on Diwali and coming few days post Diwali. This is not necessity but sheer insensitivity.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Any type of Pollution cause harm both to the Humans and the Nature. Unless pollution is checked and controlled, the very existence of humans is at stake.

Every celebration is commercialized nowadays. It's not about festivals only but even birthday, marriage, house warming all get hugely celebrated. The tragedy is, one section in India have nothing to celebrate with while some celebrate in a moderate way but there is a section of Indians who have amassed a huge amount and they have no limitation to celebration. It is a sorry plight deep inside whereas glamorous celebration is all around.   

shampasaid

On the whole Today festivals  are a show of Pomp and show. Mere wastage of money.

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Every celebration is commercialized nowadays. It's not about festivals only but even birthday, marriage, house warming all get hugely celebrated. The tragedy is, one section in India have nothing to celebrate with while some celebrate in a moderate way but there is a section of Indians who have amassed a huge amount and they have no limitation to celebration. It is a sorry plight deep inside whereas glamorous celebration is all around.   

That kind of social consciousness is totally missing in our society. They only think of themselves and their enjoyment and mess up  the public places without a second thought !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Festivals are commercialized to the extent of the purchasing power of its followers. As economy grows spending on festivals also increases. 

vijay wrote:

Festivals are commercialized to the extent of the purchasing power of its followers. As economy grows spending on festivals also increases. 

Very true. But I wish people get the wisdom to spend in a wiser and more human way rather than futile show off and insensitive ways of celebration. Spending money for the ones in need is a better and human way of celebrations. But all this is a futile preaching till the inner conscience of a person awakens and guides him.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

That kind of social consciousness is totally missing in our society. They only think of themselves and their enjoyment and mess up  the public places without a second thought !

That's the real tragedy. Those who have a little more than the have-nots are not able to share a lot with others but those who have accumulated a lot spend it meaninglessly on their own fun and frolic. If they sensibly spend the money then they would be able to spread happiness to a great number of people and keep their own enjoyment intact too. The fact is one needs to understand that one should not spend needlessly because life is also for sharing. Actually we have rich people like Vijay Mallya in a big number around us.

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.