Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

On the whole Today festivals  are a show of Pomp and show. Mere wastage of money.

People who have money spending it is wastage for us but it use for them. they spending money many others getting it.

It is not true that compassion is not there in our society. only it is less visible and spending on festivals are more visible. Why you all are so gloomy is difficult to understand. 

Compassion is definitely there but not to that extent which can change the picture of India. 

shampasaid

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

On the whole Today festivals  are a show of Pomp and show. Mere wastage of money.

People who have money spending it is wastage for us but it use for them. they spending money many others getting it.

That is of course a more practical way of looking at it although the same money could perhaps be better utilised..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Pollution during festivals esp Diwali no doubt causes pollution during the few days it is being celebrated . However much more is done by industries and vehicle emission which is constant , day in and day out . This has o be checked by the concerned authorities. 

Coming back to the topic , even in villages the good old Harikatha and other plays that were more related to customs and traditions rather than religion have all but vanished to be replaced by loud speakers and filmy dances of the worst kind. I guess people now fail to realise that there is a time and an occasion for everything !

It is very sad that most of these beautiful customs and traditions are dead or are on their last stage. Loud music and vulgar dances have dominated the celebrations of any kind. The real essence of festivals- finding inner soul, feel connected to it and having the feeling of reverence is all lost in loud meaningless celelbrations.

Coming to air pollution and damage to environment, vehicles and industries do it on a daily basis. But still someone can justify that as vehicles and industries are a part of necessities now, Though with little care and effort we can do our best to minimize them on daily basis. But how are crackers justified?? They are not necessity. People with respiratory ailments are house arrested on Diwali and coming few days post Diwali. This is not necessity but sheer insensitivity.

Not only people, what i really feel bad for during diwali is the animals. Its so sad to see them running here & there to seeking somewhere safe. And the crackers available nowadays are more loud than what we played with in our childhood.

Adding to the topic even i feel that festivals ve been turned into an opportunities to show off the wealth. Till some years back on diwali we could see cleaning, making garlands with flowers to decorate the houses, making sweets etc. But nowadays everything is bought ready made from the market and more importance is given to bursting crackers

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Pollution during festivals esp Diwali no doubt causes pollution during the few days it is being celebrated . However much more is done by industries and vehicle emission which is constant , day in and day out . This has o be checked by the concerned authorities. 

Coming back to the topic , even in villages the good old Harikatha and other plays that were more related to customs and traditions rather than religion have all but vanished to be replaced by loud speakers and filmy dances of the worst kind. I guess people now fail to realise that there is a time and an occasion for everything !

It is very sad that most of these beautiful customs and traditions are dead or are on their last stage. Loud music and vulgar dances have dominated the celebrations of any kind. The real essence of festivals- finding inner soul, feel connected to it and having the feeling of reverence is all lost in loud meaningless celelbrations.

Coming to air pollution and damage to environment, vehicles and industries do it on a daily basis. But still someone can justify that as vehicles and industries are a part of necessities now, Though with little care and effort we can do our best to minimize them on daily basis. But how are crackers justified?? They are not necessity. People with respiratory ailments are house arrested on Diwali and coming few days post Diwali. This is not necessity but sheer insensitivity.

Not only people, what i really feel bad for during diwali is the animals. Its so sad to see them running here & there to seeking somewhere safe. And the crackers available nowadays are more loud than what we played with in our childhood.

Adding to the topic even i feel that festivals ve been turned into an opportunities to show off the wealth. Till some years back on diwali we could see cleaning, making garlands with flowers to decorate the houses, making sweets etc. But nowadays everything is bought ready made from the market and more importance is given to bursting crackers

To what extent, environment is damaged by humans and the aftermath effects can be seen in the recent Delhi case of  worst pollution of the season. The central Government declared emergency.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/centre-describes-delhi-smog-as-very-alarming-an-emergency-3739541/

jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Speaking about the insensitivity towards animals, I am reminded of a personal tragedy we had a few years back on Diwali day. Our dog Caramel who was part of our household got terrified when some neighbors burst a long string of crackers. He jumped off the compound wall before we could bring him into the house and was never to be seen since then. We searched all through the neighborhood and other places but never found him. The vet was of the opinion that the noise must have shattered his ear drum and poor Caramel must have just run wild not knowing where he was going. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That is of course a more practical way of looking at it although the same money could perhaps be better utilised.

We can't anyone to spend their money as we like. What I wrote here means than when some one spend money it goes into the others pocket. If some one buy clothes think how many people share it.

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Speaking about the insensitivity towards animals, I am reminded of a personal tragedy we had a few years back on Diwali day. Our dog Caramel who was part of our household got terrified when some neighbors burst a long string of crackers. He jumped off the compound wall before we could bring him into the house and was never to be seen since then. We searched all through the neighborhood and other places but never found him. The vet was of the opinion that the noise must have shattered his ear drum and poor Caramel must have just run wild not knowing where he was going. 

So sad to hear about the fate of your dog. We were lucky as our dog ran inside the house and hid under the bed. We too let it stay there till the noise died down. 

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

So sad to hear about the fate of your dog. We were lucky as our dog ran inside the house and hid under the bed. We too let it stay there till the noise died down. 

Yes that is the most sensible thing to do . We too normally would bring him in but this was so sudden that it took us all by surprise ..Honestly I feel that the loud bombs and the long string of crackers that go on and on should be totally banned.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.