Yesterday was 90th birthday of my city Sriganganagar. Before 90 year water of Sutluj was reached here so we celebrate this day as birth anniversary of city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sri_Ganganagar

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/ganganagar/41/26102016/0/22/

http://www.sriganganagar.rajasthan.gov.in/content/raj/sri-ganganagar/en/home.html#

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. "Food basket of India" and "Green district of Rajasthan"- thanks for sharing this information about this incredible city of India.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. "Food basket of India" and "Green district of Rajasthan"- thanks for sharing this information about this incredible city of India.

Your welcome.

Very nice information about your city anil, thanks a lot for the links ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Through this post, I  could know many facts, hitherto unknown to me..  I would like to add some more facts about Sri  Ganganagar which I learned from the Web link It is  is a planned city too. It is named after Maharaja Sri Ganga Singh Bahadur.

Thank you Anil.

I'm also from Rajasthan I'm from the Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan. Jhunjhunu is so far from ShriGanganagar, I've been there three times, Most of the occupants are Punjabi in ShriGanganagar. We can also see on the border of Pakistan's from this city, First time I saw a border seen in Ganganagr. Such this is really Green district of Rajasthan.

Sri Ganganagar is also famous for many religious places like Balaji Dham, Shani Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Chanana Dham to name a few. On the whole, Rajasthan is a picturesque place.

rambabu wrote:

Through this post, I  could know many facts, hitherto unknown to me..  I would like to add some more facts about Sri  Ganganagar which I learned from the Web link It is  is a planned city too. It is named after Maharaja Sri Ganga Singh Bahadur.

Thank you Anil.

Yes it is named after Maharaja Ganga Singh of Bikaner. He developed this city and also bring water of Himlaya. Earlier it was a small village know as Ramnagar.

rambabu wrote:

Sri Ganganagar is also famous for many religious places like Balaji Dham, Shani Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Chanana Dham to name a few. On the whole, Rajasthan is a picturesque place.

Yes Many temples are situated here in Balaji Dham, Shani Mandir is one of them. I am living nearby Balajidham. Aandh Vidalya and Gurudawara Budhajore, Laila Majnu ki mazar are all other famous place to visit.

vikram wrote:

I'm also from Rajasthan I'm from the Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan. Jhunjhunu is so far from ShriGanganagar, I've been there three times, Most of the occupants are Punjabi in ShriGanganagar. We can also see on the border of Pakistan's from this city, First time I saw a border seen in Ganganagr. Such this is really Green district of Rajasthan.

I am happy to see here one more Rajasthani. It is not right that most of occupants are Punjabi. Punjabi and others are almost equal. My native place if Taranagar (Churu). My grandfather came here before independence for business. You are living in Jhunjhunu, where Punjabi are rare so you feel that most of resident of Ganganagar is Punjabi.

I read a Book on Tourism in Rajasthan that there are  many castles ,Havelis and  Palaces.  Palace Castle Mandawa, the Mandawa Haveli., Rajmahal Palace in jaipur are worth seeing. Rajasthan is a Tourist haven. I hope one day, i will definitely visit Rajashan.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.