A veteren army personnel has committed suicide over OROP. Why his immediate relatives have been detained is very surprising. Sad that army persons have to resort to such measures. 

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There must be some reason for stopping the relatives. Yes today i had seen Sanjay was stopped from visiting the victims by the Army. I think when  OROP has been sanctioned by the Government why some committed suicide ? I am also interested to know the reasons behind the Suicides.

It is indeed sad but it is s fact that past sins have long shadows and the army men are at the receiving end because of this ..a great pity !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I have repeatedly written and said that the Modi government made a sham of the sanction of OROP which is not as per the Koshiari commission as approved by parliament. In addition,  the services have been downgraded further by Modi in the Nehru tradition. I have so many times written that the army is an extension of political power and world prestige and yet the Modi government is sitting on a volcano. Read all my comments and articles and you will see that Modi has let the army down. Its sad but Modi will have to answer to history. People can read that I wrote so many times that army is demoralized How many know that a IAS officer when posted to a hard or forward area, is paid 61000 while an officer from army gets 31000. Such things are dime a dozen.

usha manohar wrote:

It is indeed sad but it is s fact that past sins have long shadows and the army men are at the receiving end because of this ..a great pity !

Ever since teh Nehru era the army is a step child. Modi sanctioned a sham OROP. I have written so many times. alas the BJP government does lip service and nothing else. 

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Ever since teh Nehru era the army is a step child. Modi sanctioned a sham OROP. I have written so many times. alas the BJP government does lip service and nothing else. 

I agree. But congress will not stop playing Dramas showing false sympathy on the army. Any how you can enjoy the Drama being enacted at RML Hospital, Delhi. Along with Rahul Gandhi, the police detained Delhi's deputy CM Manish Sisodia for  obstructing Hospital work. All politics.

Yes it is high time for the Government to act and do justice to the Army. It is due to Army's role we are able to sleep peacefully.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/former-soldier-commits-suicide-over-one-rank-one-pension-complaint-1620355

I hope wisdom will dawn on Modi governmnet and OROP as per the Koshiari commission and approved by parliament is approved straightaway. But knowing the politicians this may not happen and the result is that the next war you may have the army fighting with one hand tied behind its back. The army is holding the nation together and its sad that Modi after making thundering promises before elections  has back tracked.

MG Singh wrote:

I hope wisdom will dawn on Modi governmnet and OROP as per the Koshiari commission and approved by parliament is approved straightaway. But knowing the politicians this may not happen and the result is that the next war you may have the army fighting with one hand tied behind its back. The army is holding the nation together and its sad that Modi after making thundering promises before elections  has back tracked.

Modi praises the army for its role in Surgical Strikes on the platforms. But he is not doing anything  related to OROP. It is not good for any country to keep the army dissatisfied. In this respect i blame all politicians. Congress and BJP are equally guilty.

It is very sad. Our army stands for our Nation and the entire nation stands for Army. But this entire nation excludes the shameless politicians who put themselves and politics above Nation. 

Lives lost at border makes us proud as a Nation, but lives lost due to political game brings disgrace 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

It is due the selfless services of the army, the Nation is safe and secure today.  Such army is being neglected. Sad state of affairs. On an urgent basis army should be given its due. The onus lies on the Government.

It is not fair to keeping aside to army. Government must be give them what they deserve. Army solider also have family. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.