Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

As usual having made an absurd statement you are now trying to wriggle out. In your previous post you have written that Congress was responsible for banning news channels during its rule. Honesty is not a virtue with you it seems.

vijay wrote:

As usual having made an absurd statement you are now trying to wriggle out. In your previous post you have written that Congress was responsible for banning news channels during its rule. Honesty is not a virtue with you it seems.

Develop the Habit of reading the link article.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/assambased-channel-too-banned-for-a-day/article9310429.ece

Not sure what rambabu means by the above post but I did mention that Congress had banned tv channels several times during its rule..

Some members become over sensitive when some truth and facts about their favorite political party is posted here ...

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-govt-defends-ndtv-india-ban-says-upa-gave-21-such-orders-2270265

more ..

Narendra Modi slams Congress for banning TV channel

Written by Express News Service | Ahmedabad | Published:August 27, 2012 4:32 am

Modi took a dig at the Congress for being “intolerant” to criticism,mentioning a recent circular of the Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee banning a local TV channel from its coverage.

“Its (TV channel’s) fault is that it exposed the Congress falsehood in the distribution of forms for houses for women,” he said,adding the Election Commission should intervene in such matter even if the model code of conduct was not in force yet.

“Journalists on Twitter,who spoke against Congress,were blocked. Here they banned a TV channel. Their crime is that they exposed cracks in the ‘ghar nu ghar’ (own your home) scheme of the Congress. Yet,this party talks about democracy,” he said. “If you cannot take criticism,you have no right to lead.”

“Remember the days of Indira Gandhi when she attacked democracy. There was widespread fear of the Maintenance of Internal Security Act (MISA),which was repealed in 1977. People were jailed,but they voted her out,” Modi added.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Congress is not in power in Gujarat since the mid nineties  How can they ban a channel from broadcasting. What they did was like boycotting it. BJP govt. has banned NDTV from broadcasting for a day. I hope you understand difference between the two and not let your bias blind you of objectivity. Modi criticized Congress but does the same thing.

I guess you did not read the other link where it is clearly stated that Congress had banned different channels as many as 21 times during its tenure. However, here what is important is the reason why it is being done, not personal like it was always with Congress which cannot tolerate any criticism against it, but because of compromising on national security. I am clear about my perception, may be you need to see this in a different perspective ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I guess you did not read the other link where it is clearly stated that Congress had banned different channels as many as 21 times during its tenure. However, here what is important is the reason why it is being done, not personal like it was always with Congress which cannot tolerate any criticism against it, but because of compromising on national security. I am clear about my perception, may be you need to see this in a different perspective ..

Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Vekiah Naidu made it clear that Banning of NDTV and other channels are, they made army related sensitive information Public. It is a violation of the existing norms and rules of the army.

vijay wrote:

Terrorists were watching TV?

Terrorists were not watching T.V., but their masters who who were giving them orders, where to attack and how to attack were watching T.V. and guiding the terrorists based on the Live reporting of the news channel, that's why it was penalized.

http://www.comparenshop.in

The ban is now put under hold by the government.

vijay wrote:

The ban is now put under hold by the government.

Yes. This is for NDTV only. What about other Channel from Assam  ?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.