Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In fact, presently Current affairs are one of the main topics in the discussion Forums. But, some Members resort to Arguments. Arguments are good as long as they are positive. Care must be taken to exercise patience without losing patience.

Who Is to decide what is positive and what I'd not...we are all.adults here quite capable of facing arguments and discussions on the forum. If anyone is unable to face it , it is best to refrain posting 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Of course. The best way for a Member to avoid friction is to avoid making any comment in the Forum.

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am all for Mythology and History related posts.

So, why dont you start some discussions on these topics ?

Speaking of mythology, watch Dharmakshetra at 9 pm every night on the Epic channel followed by Devlok with Devdutta Pattnaik at 10 pm. Both are very good and interesting programmes.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I am all for Mythology and History related posts.

So, why dont you start some discussions on these topics ?

Speaking of mythology, watch Dharmakshetra at 9 pm every night on the Epic channel followed by Devlok with Devdutta Pattnaik at 10 pm. Both are very good and interesting programmes.

Generally, I used to watch Epic channel. Of late , I stopped seeing the Channel. Now, today I again see the Channel at 9 pm.

Arunima Singh wrote:

I would also feel some topics of general interest featuring History, culture, mythology etc will be good to stimulate us to research and collect information. Moreover, will be good to brush up the old forgotten lessons learnt at school. Also to give our modern perspective for an age old subject, the interpretations around it.

I agree ! All these topics are ever green and very vast so there is a never ending supply of material to discuss. Even a somewhat dry subject like philosophy has many possiblities for discussions since there are many view points depending on individual choices .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Humorous topics and topics on Movies make best topics for Discussion.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I like to discuss about a variety of subjects but topics on current affairs, nature, garden, etc. are my favorite topics. I prefer to know more about a topic when I comment on them, if I don't know a topic that well, I prefer to only read through other readers' comments rather than just give a glance over them and comment something senseless or meaningless. For me, a discussion is lively when it brings out plenty of ideas, thoughts and new knowledge about any topic. The example that Usha gave of Indian summer leading to exotic Indian fruits and recipes etc. would be an ideal kind of discussion in my opinion.

I totally agree with that Kalyani , a discussion becomes lively when new ideas are added not rehashing the same thing again and again..

Discussions should be lively bit of humor. This is my view

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.