PM Modi Says Rs. 500 And Rs. 1,000 Notes Being Discontinued

Read on to know more http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-modi-speaks-to-nation-tonight-at-8-pm-1622948 

Swetha Shenoy
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I was equally surprised with this strategy. Imagine the Hospitals and other establishments who always give us an excuse "sir, credit not accepted only cash"

What about them?

Swetha Shenoy

This is a good decision to curb Black Money. I appreciate Modi .

By the by how are you Swetha ?

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

It may be to control fake currency.

anil wrote:

It may be to control fake currency.

May be. But the main objective is to stop Black Money.

This is a great move because it has been implemented without much fanfare thereby robbing the hoarders a chance to manipulate and change their black money and for the first time this has been done by a committed govt in India..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

Though its a good initiative to curb the problem of black money, it ll also pose a problem for many people who are earning their money honestly. What concerns me is if by chance we don't exchange the money at bank by 11th of Nov, then what happens to those Rs500 & 1000 currency notez that we ve with us. I mean can't we use it anymore after 11th Nov?

There is no worry at all Jabeen since one can exchange the notes until March 31st 2017 by which time the new notes would be in circulation. It has been a sudden decision taken by the govt and is bound to cause some concern but one can exchange notes in banks, post offices and also show ID proof and pay for petrol, at the chemist and several other outlets using the old 500 and 1000 rupee notes..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Heres-what-you-can-do-with-your-Rs-500-Rs-1000-notes/articleshow/55316268.cms

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: jabeen

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Along with that the restriction that u can withdraw only 2k from atm.... Ths would mean I need to visit the atm for atleast 15 days a month if u need to pay my maid... Milkman... Car cleaner... Watchman etc etc... Wht is the use if I hv to take so much trouble to use my own hard earned money

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

rambabu wrote:

This is a good decision to curb Black Money. I appreciate Modi .

By the by how are you Swetha ?

I am doing good Rambabu gaaru, trust the same from you?

Swetha Shenoy
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.