Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

There is no worry at all Jabeen since one can exchange the notes until March 31st 2017 by which time the new notes would be in circulation. It has been a sudden decision taken by the govt and is bound to cause some concern but one can exchange notes in banks, post offices and also show ID proof and pay for petrol, at the chemist and several other outlets using the old 500 and 1000 rupee notes..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Heres-what-you-can-do-with-your-Rs-500-Rs-1000-notes/articleshow/55316268.cms

I am quite relief to know that we can still use it, as I won't be able to visit bank for at least 3days. Normally I tend to keep my money in bigger denominations as its easy to carry around as with small denominations it becomes very bulky. 

It is a welcome strategy by government and seems a well planned and calculated one to curb the black money market. We all will have some issues and problems in the beginning but it is with a long term plan. It is good that it came as surprise giving no time for black money to escape. However, even I am concerned over the ATM limit. But like they say " no pain, no gain". Let's overlook the minor issues for a major cause. Let's stand together for the government

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The anticipation built up, after Modi met Service Chiefs to review India Pakistan Security situation and news filtered out that he would address the Nation. But it was a Surgical Strike of a different kind, with Modi delivering a stunning surprise by scrapping Rs.1000 and Rs.500 Notes and calling for a decisive war against corruption, Black Money and Terrorism.

That is Modi.

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

The black money generators must be busy with inventing new ideas to continue generating it. A bold move.

vijay wrote:

The black money generators must be busy with inventing new ideas to continue generating it. A bold move.

Genius mind can be used for good or for bad. Surely they will find ways to continue with the ill practice. But without any doubt, the genius mind of our PM deserves a salute. A very well planned, well thought and courageous move . A trap well spread to deal the issue at macro and micro level

vijay wrote:

Really a bold move. Black money generators will undoubtedly thinking about other ways to escape. Modi should not underestimate these Black Money generators. 

However, its only after some time, Modi's plan to curb Black money will be a success or failure.

It is a welcome move and this decision is being applauded and welcomed by all the leading economists in the country going by the large-scale debates that we can see on various channels. Even the small time industrialists, traders and farmers whose daily business transactions are done in cash are seen welcoming the move. Of course, it will indeed create trouble for common people due to the shortage of small currencies but I expect it will only be a short term effect and by December or January, once the new currency notes are well in circulation, there won't be any problem. This is a welcome move and I wonder if the timing to do so now has been influenced by UP elections in 2017 and to bring down certain political strongmen who cannot be touched otherwise? Just a thought.....

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Swetha Shenoy

I felt the decision is made in a very short time without any proper plan yeah the plan is very effective in knowing the black money but this should be done with proper planning.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

I felt the decision is made in a very short time without any proper plan yeah the plan is very effective in knowing the black money but this should be done with proper planning.

Wow what an idea ! all the black money hoarders will Pat your back!!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

It is a welcome move and this decision is being applauded and welcomed by all the leading economists in the country going by the large-scale debates that we can see on various channels. Even the small time industrialists, traders and farmers whose daily business transactions are done in cash are seen welcoming the move. Of course, it will indeed create trouble for common people due to the shortage of small currencies but I expect it will only be a short term effect and by December or January, once the new currency notes are well in circulation, there won't be any problem. This is a welcome move and I wonder if the timing to do so now has been influenced by UP elections in 2017 and to bring down certain political strongmen who cannot be touched otherwise? Just a thought.....

Definitely a smart move and also correct political timing..UP and Punjab election. Definitely he could sense the misuse of black money. Big impact on those strong men for sure

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.