Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The birth certificate carries both names which shd be good enough. It is our curious and probing Indian mentality that take things too far. How does it matter whether the mother is single   divorced or married as far as education is concerned? They don't do this with a man..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

The birth certificate carries both names which shd be good enough. It is our curious and probing Indian mentality that take things too far. How does it matter whether the mother is single   divorced or married as far as education is concerned? They don't do this with a man..

totally agree. I would rather call it sick mentality to peep into other's life and draw juicy stories. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It happened in a metro city like Bangalore. They were not denied directly. But form had no option of single parent. It has divorced option but not single parent. The looks from the administrative people said loud about nonacceptance of child. The excuses were lame -no more seats though they admitted a few later.

Moreover, a child born out of wedlock can be a conscious choice of an adult, an accident of premarital affairs or can be rape or continued sexual abuse under different situations. Children of sex workers also come under the same.Needs a deeper thought. Does the child need to be isolated from the society in ashrams and  organizations for no fault of his/her?? 

For what fault child isolated from society. It is my suggestion that his/her genetic father give him his name and also ward them.

It is in our country that you need a Father's name. In many countries, it is mother's name which is used primarily. My daughters born in US have my name on their birth certificates and SSN card, not my husband's. For me that makes sense. Because in most of these cases, the mother is the primary caregiver. I think we have a petition filed by few of women here in our country to have the name of mom as prime thing. Well, i feel we should have option for either father or mother's name in case of single parents ( who ever is the primary caregiver) on forms.

In case of single parents child can use name of mother. I know one case in which on hearing magistrate asked child you want father name, child said no, this child is using name of his mother and surname as well.

anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

It happened in a metro city like Bangalore. They were not denied directly. But form had no option of single parent. It has divorced option but not single parent. The looks from the administrative people said loud about nonacceptance of child. The excuses were lame -no more seats though they admitted a few later.

Moreover, a child born out of wedlock can be a conscious choice of an adult, an accident of premarital affairs or can be rape or continued sexual abuse under different situations. Children of sex workers also come under the same.Needs a deeper thought. Does the child need to be isolated from the society in ashrams and  organizations for no fault of his/her?? 

For what fault child isolated from society. It is my suggestion that his/her genetic father give him his name and also ward them.

It is in our country that you need a Father's name. In many countries, it is mother's name which is used primarily. My daughters born in US have my name on their birth certificates and SSN card, not my husband's. For me that makes sense. Because in most of these cases, the mother is the primary caregiver. I think we have a petition filed by few of women here in our country to have the name of mom as prime thing. Well, i feel we should have option for either father or mother's name in case of single parents ( who ever is the primary caregiver) on forms.

In case of single parents child can use name of mother. I know one case in which on hearing magistrate asked child you want father name, child said no, this child is using name of his mother and surname as well.

Elated to know of such progressive mindset

This kind of thinking I don't think that anyone in this world can change this, only Modernization has the power to change it.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

This kind of thinking I don't think that anyone in this world can change this, only Modernization has the power to change it.

Time is much powerful, it can change everything.

anil wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Absolutely ! Change can never be stopped and e should accept it wholeheartedly rather than trying to arrest it or grumble about it

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

Absolutely ! Change can never be stopped and e should accept it wholeheartedly rather than trying to arrest it or grumble about it

The only thing that is constant is Change. Think like this. Each year, your age increases by One year. Can you stop it?

Hence, it is always better to accept it. If one does, it would be an exercise in futility.

On a lighter note, I have heard single parents say that there is big bonus they have as single parent ---no parental conflicts. I work as counselor to a special needs school where there are many single mothers--the fathers abandoned them with the responsibility of a special child 

It is always the father's who abandon and the woman is supposed to take responsibility of the child... honestly our society is so very backward in its thinking. No doubt that women are naturally equipped and capable of bringing up a child than a man, but part of the responsibility should automatically shared like it is done in the Western countries..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.