I've already seen the active thread regarding no articles being published and I've been reading all the opinions.  Looking at my forum stats one may think I am a pretty new member here, on the contrary, I was here on Boddunan since September 2009! I was very excited about Boddunan and my expectations were huge. But over the time I lost interest in writing articles on the site since I felt there was no much justice done to the article session. And I've stated this in forum years ago and got not much notice.

Topics Boddunan

I've opened this new thread since I'd like to point out what I think went wrong and I hope active users of the site would add their insights as well so as to fix this issue. So let's make this thread to introduce new ideas.

First of all, let me list out the things I think Boddunan shouldn't have done.

1. Accepted lots of irrelevant and poor quality articles which no one is interested to read.

Boddunan accepted lots of articles which are not up to any standards. At first, I wrote articles by proofreading it before publishing and making sure at least I did my best. Then I found out many articles which are barely 150 words and have nothing useful in it getting published for Rs.10 and Rs.15. And the articles which are well researched and written gets like Rs.30. So what's the whole point? Write some casual posts and publish daily and get more money than a well-written article. Relevancy is another matter, usually, a good article is like 800-1000 words. No one reads more than that on the web. I've seen 2000 words articles on Boddunan on medical science topics which I think is not much relevant and will not yield much clicks.

2. No benefits for getting more page views.

My article on Creating custom social networking website got 35000+ hits. I think people are interested in those kinds of things. And all I made out of it is Rs.10. On the other hand, another article of mine on Supernatural experiences gained Rs.80 but only got 900 views.

When more page views yield more money writers will share them on social networking websites.

3. Much less importance to articles on the website.

Articles are not published daily, but everything is published altogether on a particular day. Also visibilty of articles must be more on the website. Article section must be the core. But instead it's buried along side with all other sections.

I would really love to see boddunan back to it's glory and making progress in such a way that it'll compete with sites like hupages in future. But we have to go a long way.

I lost interest in writing articles here long before. I have almost 1000 rupees in my account and I thought of publishing a few more articles to withdraw it, then find out articles are not getting published and the last article published was 3 months ago.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Although, I am a new member on boddunan.com but I would have to say that I agree with your point of view and suggestions, regarding that articles should be displayed in a more reader-friendly way so that it is easy for new readers to find out where the articles are being published. The articles being published here are not easy to find. It took me sometime to figure out where the articles are being published. I can't comment on the amount being earned by the article writers here as I am a new member on boddunan.com. I think rewards should be provided to the writers if their articles are getting a huge number of hits as it will motivate writers to write good quality articles. Total Quality Management(TQM) technique should be applied here to increase readership of the articles. Good quality articles will attract more readers to read the articles. I hope to see boddunan.com to become the most popular website among the top five in the coming years. My best wishes to Boddunan.com.

@ Roshan Ahmed, we have had some excellent time here with regard to article writing and renumeration. We used to have article writing competition where the admin would give us a specific subject to write on and winners would also get bonus earning. It is only now in the recent months we see a decline in article writing mainly because of the slow pace at which the articles get published and the pittance being paid to the effort taken on writing the articles.Tbere may be a valid reason for this. However, we the regular members are hoping that the trend would reverse.. 

@ Vishakha, all the articles published here are available easily on the home page under discover/articles 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

With my long association with this site, I remember, how i used to enjoy the Competitions  of various kinds and remuneration. I am waiting anxiously to see the old grandeur of this site is back at the earliest.

The site owners are no longer interested in articles. Having got a bank of articles they have succeeded in getting advertisements and the revenue seems to be adequate for them. traffic flow is steady but static. it needs a dedicated and motivated and interested administrator to bring quality in articles. one way is to spell out requirements and improve remuneration substantially. However the site is excited by rewarding Voter of the Day.

@Roshan. I agree with your points. Those are encouraging for writers. Moreover, will ensure quality articles as you can pull more views for a well thought article.

Really would like to see and be a pert of such contests. Hope to see that in action soon

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

There is no dearth of quality articles here since some writers have written some very well researched and informative articles in the recent past but some of them are no more with us for various reasons. Unless the site reinvents itself and gives due importance to article writing , I doubt if members would want to stay on just to fill time on the forums. In any article writing site forums are secondary, meant for discussing and gathering knowledge..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

There is no dearth of quality articles here since some writers have written some very well researched and informative articles in the recent past but some of them are no more with us for various reasons. Unless the site reinvents itself and gives due importance to article writing , I doubt if members would want to stay on just to fill time on the forums. In any article writing site forums are secondary, meant for discussing and gathering knowledge..

Some article writing sites already closed because they were much slow in publishing articles.EK is example of it. One site daily wiky closed because of their policy of publishing articles of some selected writers.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Some article writing sites already closed because they were much slow in publishing articles.EK is example of it. One site daily wiky closed because of their policy of publishing articles of some selected writers.

EK and EC have both closed down , so I feel that Boddunan has much more scope if the admin puts in more effort because more people interested in writing articles looking for other sites are bound to come here.

I think the articles were published in recent past on this site but if the admin is busy else where you cannot blame him for the present situation. Besides he knows the best about his own site.

As for closed or discontinued websites that is part of the game however there is no dearth of writing sites where you can publish your posts and earn regularly.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

I think the articles were published in recent past on this site but if the admin is busy else where you cannot blame him for the present situation. Besides he knows the best about his own site.

As for closed or discontinued websites that is part of the game however there is no dearth of writing sites where you can publish your posts and earn regularly.

That is a different issue altogether. You know many of the old members of this site who have emotional links  with this site are really disturbed. I hope the wishes of senior members along with me will be fulfilled sooner than later.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.