Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Arunima Singh wrote:

Maharashtra is one state I have not explored except for my visit to MUmbai, that too I went to attend one wedding and could not see the city. I want to explore this state. I would like to know your feedback and suggestions, from those who have visited it.

You should definitely visit Maharashtra, it is a beautiful place with everything that a tourist would like to visit, seas, beautiful coastlines, Mountains, old temples and forts etc. Also Maharashtrian cuisine is one of the most versatile cuisines and you are sure to love the food as well.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Maharashtra is one state I have not explored except for my visit to MUmbai, that too I went to attend one wedding and could not see the city. I want to explore this state. I would like to know your feedback and suggestions, from those who have visited it.

You should definitely visit Maharashtra, it is a beautiful place with everything that a tourist would like to visit, seas, beautiful coastlines, Mountains, old temples and forts etc. Also Maharashtrian cuisine is one of the most versatile cuisines and you are sure to love the food as well.

I too am very keen on exploring Maharashtra, not seen much except Mumbai and Kolhapur which is a very nice town..I am sure the interiors and other spots are much more beautiful ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Though not visited Maharashtra, have a Marathi friend. Tried a few of her dishes... Mouth watering. Shrikhand with mango is really lip smacking

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

If you make it to Maharashtra then you should visit neighbouring  Gujarat also.which has many wonderful tourist spots.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

I too am very keen on exploring Maharashtra, not seen much except Mumbai and Kolhapur which is a very nice town..I am sure the interiors and other spots are much more beautiful ..

Have you really been Kolhapur? Yes , its a lovely place and it has still retained its old world charm even though it too is not untouched by modern developments, but I still like it. That aside, whole of Maharashtra is definitely beautiful and worth exploring.

Arunima Singh wrote:

Though not visited Maharashtra, have a Marathi friend. Tried a few of her dishes... Mouth watering. Shrikhand with mango is really lip smacking

Have you tried puran-poli? the Maharashtrian style, not Gujarati or Kannada, it is worth killing for :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Have you really been Kolhapur? Yes , its a lovely place and it has still retained its old world charm even though it too is not untouched by modern developments, but I still like it. That aside, whole of Maharashtra is definitely beautiful and worth exploring.

We made a stop over at Kolhapur while driving to Bombay from Mangalore. Other than that I have also visited Kandala , again while driving and stopping over to look around. It is really beautiful and since it was the middle of rainy season there were many waterfalls and greenery everywhere pretty much like Shiradi ghats in Karnataka..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
anil wrote:

Important tourist place of Rajasthan.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/1103930/12103318890/0/map/tabs-1/12-10-2016/41/8/image/

Heart stealing Rajasthan.

Long ago, I visited Ajanta , Ellora caves. While Ajanta caves are famous for  excellent paintings, Ellora caves caves are known for their Architectural grandeur'.

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

We made a stop over at Kolhapur while driving to Bombay from Mangalore. Other than that I have also visited Kandala , again while driving and stopping over to look around. It is really beautiful and since it was the middle of rainy season there were many waterfalls and greenery everywhere pretty much like Shiradi ghats in Karnataka..

You picked a great time to be in Khandala, rainy season is the best to visit, Sahyadri ranges turn into a green paradise and every nook and corner is beautiful, wherever you go. Unfortunately, since both Lonavala and Khandala are very close to both Pune and Mumbai, thousands of tourists, especially college students flock over to these places and the entire region experiences total chaos! It is a nightmare traveling between Pune and Mumbai now.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.