Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

i like animals only from a distant and that too a safe distance.... sorry.. but if was to have a pet it will probably be fishes...nothing bigger than that :P

It means you  have not any pet?

It is not easy to have a pet because it is a lot of responsibility, providing space, food, cleaning etc etc...Of course hen you like animals and want to have a pet you dont mind the extra work involved. However, I know f many people whose interest wanes after the initial excitement of bringing home a pet , after which they tend to neglect the pets cleanliness nor do they bother to give it the care and love it requires..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

i like animals only from a distant and that too a safe distance.... sorry.. but if was to have a pet it will probably be fishes...nothing bigger than that :P

It is not easy to have a pet because it is a lot of responsibility, providing space, food, cleaning etc etc...Of course hen you like animals and want to have a pet you dont mind the extra work involved. However, I know f many people whose interest wanes after the initial excitement of bringing home a pet , after which they tend to neglect the pets cleanliness nor do they bother to give it the care and love it requires..

Your post reminded me of one of my aunts who bought a German Shepherd on her son's insistence. Initially the family would spend lots of time with their dog. But gradually they started neglecting it. Food would not be given on time and it would be leashed away separately. Slowly it started getting ferocious and a pet lover who felt pity on the dog volunteered to keep it with him.

We should keep pets only if we are ready to take the responsibilities fully.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

Definitely

Your post reminded me of one of my aunts who bought a German Shepherd on her son's insistence. Initially the family would spend lots of time with their dog. But gradually they started neglecting it. Food would not be given on time and it would be leashed away separately. Slowly it started getting ferocious and a pet lover who felt pity on the dog volunteered to keep it with him.

We should keep pets only if we are ready to take the responsibilities fully.

A pet owner should look after all the needs of his pet. If he cannot, better not to think of a Pet.

I had a pet dog _Topaz. He was there with us for 15 years and traveled with us in the countries with stayed. He passed away last year and my daughters could not take it very well. Having a pet is fun but full of responsibility. Now my daughters want another dog but I am too busy to take care of a pet now. We have a pet German Shepherd at our in-laws house and she is an year old pup. My daughters have a gala time when we visit them. SO for now the pet bond is limited to holidays and visit to grandparents house.

Personally, I would like to have a parrot for pet. I had one in my childhood who could talk and call our name. She stayed free in our house, most of the time out of cage. But one day we found her dead in her cage early in the morning. She seemed to struggle with a cat and finally cat won. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The bond shared between a pet animal and its owner can be very strong. I remember an incident that occurred in my childhood. We had a dog and it had already been with us for around 3 years when my parents got transferred to a far off place. We had to travel by truck and it would take a little more than one day. Since the journey was likely to be very exhausting for our dog, my father with a heavy heart took it to his friend's house who always expressed his love for the dog and handed him over. His house was about 2km away from our house. After leaving him there my father returned alone. But when night came, we found our dog barking at our doorstep. We felt so grateful and happy and took it with us to our new place. It stayed with us till its death after many many years.

I am not keen to have any pet. It's not that I dislike animals but I love to have a safe distance and that's not possible when there is a pet at  home. Thus, for me no pet at all.  

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am not keen to have any pet. It's not that I dislike animals but I love to have a safe distance and that's not possible when there is a pet at  home. Thus, for me no pet at all.  

One can keep pets and still stay  safe. If you are worried about whether the pets can turn ferocious, you can rest assured that a pet who has been treated with love and care normally do not attack people unless provoked.

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

One can keep pets and still stay  safe. If you are worried about whether the pets can turn ferocious, you can rest assured that a pet who has been treated with love and care normally do not attack people unless provoked.

I agree with you. Pets especially Dogs will not attack people unless it is provoked. I had a Dog and I had seen closely its behaviour.

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

No, I am not worried about fierceness of the pet. By keeping safe distance means I don't like pets sit on my lap or even sit very close to me. Getting into my bed and so on. Looking at them from far away is fine but don't prefer to be cozy with them. 

shampasaid

I agree with Shampa Sadhya. The same habit was there in my Pet dog too. But every pet owner should be prepared for it. I think a pet Dog is expressing its love and intimacy through such gestures.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.