Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

i like animals only from a distant and that too a safe distance.... sorry.. but if was to have a pet it will probably be fishes...nothing bigger than that :P

It means you  have not any pet?

It is not easy to have a pet because it is a lot of responsibility, providing space, food, cleaning etc etc...Of course hen you like animals and want to have a pet you dont mind the extra work involved. However, I know f many people whose interest wanes after the initial excitement of bringing home a pet , after which they tend to neglect the pets cleanliness nor do they bother to give it the care and love it requires..

Definitely

Your post reminded me of one of my aunts who bought a German Shepherd on her son's insistence. Initially the family would spend lots of time with their dog. But gradually they started neglecting it. Food would not be given on time and it would be leashed away separately. Slowly it started getting ferocious and a pet lover who felt pity on the dog volunteered to keep it with him.

We should keep pets only if we are ready to take the responsibilities fully.

A pet owner should look after all the needs of his pet. If he cannot, better not to think of a Pet.

I am reminded of an incident that took place a few years ago. I used to give tuition to two young ladies from a very affluent Muslim family owning timber estates. They had rescued a baby elephant that was wandering on the highway and not wanting to leave it howling in the middle of the road they brought it home and had to go through a lot of paperwork before adopting it legally . They were very fond of the baby elephant and it had the free run of their huge garden and the house as well. Just when they had finished the formalities , one morning they found the poor  thing dead because of a snake bite, a cobra !.. I still remember the misery of the entire household and to this day they get tears in their eyes when they speak about it ...So, a pet is a pet no matter what ! Some make sure that they treat their pets like their own children some have pets , given halfhearted attention 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

i like animals only from a distant and that too a safe distance.... sorry.. but if was to have a pet it will probably be fishes...nothing bigger than that :P

It is not easy to have a pet because it is a lot of responsibility, providing space, food, cleaning etc etc...Of course hen you like animals and want to have a pet you dont mind the extra work involved. However, I know f many people whose interest wanes after the initial excitement of bringing home a pet , after which they tend to neglect the pets cleanliness nor do they bother to give it the care and love it requires..

Definitely

Your post reminded me of one of my aunts who bought a German Shepherd on her son's insistence. Initially the family would spend lots of time with their dog. But gradually they started neglecting it. Food would not be given on time and it would be leashed away separately. Slowly it started getting ferocious and a pet lover who felt pity on the dog volunteered to keep it with him.

A pet owner should look after all the needs of his pet. If he cannot, better not to think of a Pet.

I am reminded of an incident that took place a few years ago. I used to give tuition to two young ladies from a very affluent Muslim family owning timber estates. They had rescued a baby elephant that was wandering on the highway and not wanting to leave it howling in the middle of the road they brought it home and had to go through a lot of paperwork before adopting it legally . They were very fond of the baby elephant and it had the free run of their huge garden and the house as well. Just when they had finished the formalities , one morning they found the poor  thing dead because of a snake bite, a cobra !.. I still remember the misery of the entire household and to this day they get tears in their eyes when they speak about it ...So, a pet is a pet no matter what ! Some make sure that they treat their pets like their own children some have pets , given halfhearted attention 

I had a pet Dog, named Subbu.  It will not bark at  children and known friends or my other family members.Subbu was treated like our own family member,. we together used to eat  ,be it breakfast or dinner or supper. Children in my flat play with Subbu games like Hide and seek. Unfortunately Subbu died in a road accident.

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

Definitely

Awww, that is so sad. I can imagine how the family must have felt . Growing I always wanted to have a baby elephant and my sister once wanted a baby donkey! LOL, of course we could never have those but I had lots of cats, a huge menagerie of 17 cats of all sizes and colours, and a dog. But the last kitten I had was named Hobbes when I was in college, and he was the darling of our family, a black-colour, green-eyed kitten with white underside and a spot of black on his white chin. He was so beautiful and very attached to us all. But once when he was out roaming, someone took him away and we never found him. After that, I didn't have the heart to get a pet. Now, my son insists on getting a cat, he has even written a letter to Santa Clause to gift him a cat! But since I live in a 3rd floor apartment, I feel it is not fair to the  pet, especially a cat, they need to be free to come and go out as they please.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

Did you had all the 17 cats together?? My goodness!! It must have been such a great responsibility to look after them. How did you manage?

jabeen wrote:

@Kalyani

Did you had all the 17 cats together?? My goodness!! It must have been such a great responsibility to look after them. How did you manage?

Yeah Jabeen, we had so many cats, our house was quite large, it was the Air Force quarters and I took care of only the little kittens as I was very small, about 4 or 5, rest my mother took care of them. I just held played with the kittens, told them stories etc. :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

@Kalyani

Yeah Jabeen, we had so many cats, our house was quite large, it was the Air Force quarters and I took care of only the little kittens as I was very small, about 4 or 5, rest my mother took care of them. I just held played with the kittens, told them stories etc. :)

Kalyani, I am really awestruck. How did you manage so many kittens at that young age? Truly great!  

shampasaid

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I don't know how people manages rearing of cats in their home, I personally find them very dangerous because of fastness and sharp point like nails.

sdfafa

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Divya wrote:

Definitely

I had a pet Dog, named Subbu.  It will not bark at  children and known friends or my other family members.Subbu was treated like our own family member,. we together used to eat  ,be it breakfast or dinner or supper. Children in my flat play with Subbu games like Hide and seek. Unfortunately Subbu died in a road accident.

Yesterday here one dog was killed by some persons. The only fault of this dog was that he injured one children with teeth. Although dog was not mad but it was his habit to jump like playing. Some time he sat with me outside my house. He was not my pet but I have some attachment with him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.