Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I love reading. I read many different kinds of things, novels, non fictions, magazines, newspapers and online articles. I feel that everyone should develop a habit of reading. Its so enjoyable.

Though I don't ve any particular favourite genre, I have a penchant for mysteries and history. But hate science fictions as most of them are very exaggerated. I think only Jules Verne writes interesting science fictions.

Next to Jules Verne, I like H.G Wells books too. His Time Machine and The Island of Dr. Moreau are the best in science fiction genre. You should read these books too, I am sure you will like them.

Now I remember reading some passages from The time Machine in english literature during my childhood and being curious about it. Now I shall definitely read those books by HG Wells.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

I love reading. I read many different kinds of things, novels, non fictions, magazines, newspapers and online articles. I feel that everyone should develop a habit of reading. Its so enjoyable.

Though I don't ve any particular favourite genre, I have a penchant for mysteries and history. But hate science fictions as most of them are very exaggerated. I think only Jules Verne writes interesting science fictions.

Next to Jules Verne, I like H.G Wells books too. His Time Machine and The Island of Dr. Moreau are the best in science fiction genre. You should read these books too, I am sure you will like them.

Now I remember reading some passages from The time Machine in english literature during my childhood and being curious about it. Now I shall definitely read those books by HG Wells.

I am sure you will like the books. These two books have also been adapted into Hollywood movies, really well made. What I like best about H.G Wells books is that they not only illustrate science fantasy stories, but also a good account of human psychology, you will especially see it in The Island of Dr. Moreau.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I read Jules Verne from my local library. H.G Wells I did not read. I will make it a point to read H.G wells, if it is available in the library.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Kalyani, as I mentioned earlier about my son's love for books so here, I would like to add his viewpoint regarding Time Machine. He did not like the book. I am of the opinion that may be he did not like it as he is too young. Hope he will like it once he grows up.

shampasaid

well, reading as hobby, it not only increases are knowledge but also aware and train us to face the different situation of life with ease.

sdfafa

Reading habit is good habit. It furtherance our knowledge and also good means of time passing.

rambabu wrote:

I read Jules Verne from my local library. H.G Wells I did not read. I will make it a point to read H.G wells, if it is available in the library.

Do you not like Indian authors?

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Kalyani, as I mentioned earlier about my son's love for books so here, I would like to add his viewpoint regarding Time Machine. He did not like the book. I am of the opinion that may be he did not like it as he is too young. Hope he will like it once he grows up.

I think your son is 10 or 11, isn't he, Shampa? I can totally understand him not liking Time Machine, because I too first read the book when I was 12 and didn't like it one bit. The picture of the future of the earth and the human race as pictured in the book is too grim and desolate and a kid at that age, will find it too depressing and unpleasant. But give him the same book once he grows up and he will like it. I did like the book on my second reading. Right now, he is too young to understand the scenario that the book is based upon.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

anil wrote:

Reading habit is good habit. It furtherance our knowledge and also good means of time passing.

yeah it widen our knowledge and it is a good source of time passing in this populated world.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:
anil wrote:

yeah it widen our knowledge and it is a good source of time passing in this populated world.

There are many benefits of Reading. Reading stimulates the mind. Reduces stress. Vocabulary expands. memory improves.additional benefits are analytical thinking, improved focus and concentration, better writing skills are some of the other benefits of Reading.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.