How to be a perfect single parent? I would like your views on this topic, everyone. Which points you consider important for single parent?

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think no one can be a perfect in parenting.. Every step of parenting teaches us new ways to deal with the situation.. Even if we make the plans to be perfect we cannot be...

It is really difficult to be a perfect parent as there are no hard and fast rules in parenting, be it single or double. But in any case, the responsibility increases doubly when the parent is single and he or she has to get into the role of both mother and father. The thing is, not try for perfection, but learn as things go along and do things that are relevant and right for the child.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes i agree. There are hard and fast rules for parenting, even if there were you can never really follow them all. So there is perfect parent but always a good parent and friendly parent. Being single parent makes it difficult because you try to do a double role. I feel instead of trying to fill the gap and doing the double role, a single parent should concentrate on bringing up the child well by inculcating good values. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Well it's very difficult to be a single parent, I have seen many of them, how they struggle whole their life to secure their children future, I think the best thing is to keep the relationship as friendship.

sdfafa

single parent had to take care of both the roles as mother and father.. Playing single role itself is so difficult so we can think how much difficult it would be to satisfy both the roles and be perfect..

Bajirao wrote:

single parent had to take care of both the roles as mother and father.. Playing single role itself is so difficult so we can think how much difficult it would be to satisfy both the roles and be perfect..

I agree.Playing single role is a Herculean task.

I have met a few single parents in last few years. One positive side that they told me about this single parenting is that they do not have any tug of war between two parents over the parenting style. They can follow their parenting ethics and style without being judged or criticized by the other partner. Also they don't indulge in blame game or passing the buck between two parents. Moreover children also do not get confused and do not get a chance to manipulate one parent over other to get their way out which is normal in a set up with two parents. 

So despite the challenges, this is one positivity.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Parenting is a difficult task, where both mother and father play their own roles. If we talk about single parenting, a woman cannot perfectly play the role of a father, and a man cannot be a perfect mother ( may be he is very wise and can handle any situation, but mother is mother). So everyone needs both mother and father in his life.

http://www.comparenshop.in

No doubt it is difficult to be a single parent because of obvious reasons. But I know of many single parents especially mothers who have done a wonderful job with their children without making them feel bitter towards their father nor about their status. It is not easy but possible ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.