As much as I like being on the discussion forum of boddunan.com, but I have felt that member don't participate much in the forum unless there is a contest with some reward. At times, the topic of the thread is not the center of the discussion. I am sorry that in one of the topics started by myself was diverted by me only but I will stick to the topic in future.

For making the forum more interesting, members should participate more and discuss on the topic only. In my efforts, I have started some topics which I thought everyone can talk about like making new friends or other topics. They were very simple and easy topic that I started to encourage more members to post on the forum. I tried to come up with interesting ideas that no one seems to post on to.

As more people participate, the more views regarding the topic would come in front of all of us.

I did not started rare or difficult topics so that more member could write on it.

Well, I think it is discouraging for me.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I am agree with you that we must we discuss only on the topic. Every person have separate views, so some time little bit diversion is possible.

I agree with you Vishakha. We should discuss on the topic. However, a little bit of straying away from the topic is unavoidable as some of the not related points also seem valid at times. However, one should avoid to divert away from the topic and refrain from posting the useless points just for the sake of gaining points. I like the topics started by you. In fact one for the creative dialogue was too good. But somehow, i have little time strain and I am not able to spend so much of time on the site. Got some holiday guests, travel plans and lot of school work to finish. You know Dec-March becomes too tight for any one working in school....Report writing, PTM, New admissions for the next year, Graduation, Annual Function....a very busy schedule. I am hardly able to spend 20 minutes each day.

But once back from my travel, I am surely going to actively write in all the topics that you started, especially the dialogue one 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Vishakha, while I am really sad to read about you being discouraged, at the same time, I am also feeling really amazed and happy that you feel so strongly about being a serious and sincere poster here. Well, coming to your point, I agree that there is not enough participation here as much as we would like it to happen, but then this is an online community and people will only come when time permits. So we have to be more patient and keep posting as much as time permits. A little straying away from topic is alright and in the course of a conversation, one thing leads to another that leads to yet another and are bound to be a long way from the topic. At such times, we just have to give a gentle reminder and bring things on track. We cannot avoid such things but can always take efforts to bring them on road. Just don't let it discourage you but keep posting as usual/

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Well cant blame them. Its human to try and be at the top when there is a competition. So every one tries to put in the best when there is a contest. And as kalyani pointed being an online community you can not expect everyone post comments on all topics. Time is a constrain there. But let it not dishearten you. You keep the site active with your pleasant topics and posts. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Yeah it is obvious that people will go there where they will find some incentives, and here the members are doing the same.

sdfafa

Babu saroj wrote:

Yeah it is obvious that people will go there where they will find some incentives, and here the members are doing the same.

I agree with this!! It is a human nature to look for incentives. But many a times you enjoy the process of discussion if the topic interests you and you enjoy the healthy brainstorming sessions and do not bother about incentive. And it is also the case that not all the topics interest everyone and so you might not get enough enthusiastic participation for all topics. The general topics and those of current affairs have more inputs and more participation.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

I agree with this!! It is a human nature to look for incentives. But many a times you enjoy the process of discussion if the topic interests you and you enjoy the healthy brainstorming sessions and do not bother about incentive. And it is also the case that not all the topics interest everyone and so you might not get enough enthusiastic participation for all topics. The general topics and those of current affairs have more inputs and more participation.

Besides general topics and current affairs, i think, Topics of interest create interest in the Members. Additionally most of the members look for incentives. After all, incentives fetch money.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.