Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The following aspects should be taken in to consideration during an argument.

Don't raise your voice. It is amazing how issues of hurt feelings or differences can be resolved with a whisper..

Create a process for resolving  without anger.

Allow the other member to take time and to express his or her point of view

Abuse  will never be allowed.

rambabu wrote:

Don't raise your voice. It is amazing how issues of hurt feelings or differences can be resolved with a whisper..

Whisper?? Why not express one's views in a normal conversational tone?? But I do agree with you that raising one's voice only worsens the matter.

I have a slightly different view on arguments. For me how to deal with an argument depends on with whom I am arguing. If its someone close like my family or a dear friend... I will probably agree to what ever the person wants to prove or else jst divert the topic, because i do not want to strain the relationship. Where as if the  argument is with a third person, i would genuinely try to explain the logic behind my thoughts and argue to an extent where both the parties are satisfied :):) and if i am arguing with a stubborn person, i will probably just leave it there without much conversation/argument

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Whisper?? Why not express one's views in a normal conversational tone?? But I do agree with you that raising one's voice only worsens the matter.

By saying Whisper, I meant in expressing one's view in  a soft tone

What about saying - "I will kill you" in a very soft tone- will it cool down the tempers? 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Saying a harsh word, if said in a cool and mellow voice will definitely  work, instead of banging the table, pounce on the member like Cheetah

How I deal with arguments always depend on the person with whom I am arguing. If I know the person, I can predict the course our argument will take and I would have also got an idea how to tackle it. I know our chemistry and whether the argument will turn out to be healthy or just go ugly. 

It also depends on the topic of argument. If it is something that does not bother me much, I can give a leeway and drop it. But if the topic is too close to me or something I follow with conviction, I do not give up and keep my tone polite and firm.

But if it is some unknown or not so well known person, I prefer to avoid arguments or abruptly cut it off. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

The primary purpose of an argument is to give knowledge  of the argument's final conclusion. But some maintain that the primary purpose of an argument is to give  people justified belief that the argument's final conclusion is  true.

The things to be avoided are threatening and intimidating the participating members in the argument.

Normally when I get involved in an argument and the other person does not want to listen to any reasons, I don't waste further energy on it, even if I know that I am correct. Its no use talking with a person who is not ready to listen.

jabeen wrote:

Normally when I get involved in an argument and the other person does not want to listen to any reasons, I don't waste further energy on it, even if I know that I am correct. Its no use talking with a person who is not ready to listen.

Yes.Instead of fist fights and howling, in an argument, the wise way is to leave the scene. the very purpose of an argument is to to know and let know from the participating members.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.