Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:

Normally when I get involved in an argument and the other person does not want to listen to any reasons, I don't waste further energy on it, even if I know that I am correct. Its no use talking with a person who is not ready to listen.

Absolutely, especially when people are stubborn and thank they are always right...

Earlier, I used to waste a lot of energy and time into such arguments, trying to prove my point and see what I was talking about etc. Now I have realised that it is simply not worth the effort spending time on a person who has closed him/herself to your point of view. So I simply speak my mind and walk away.

That is the best thing to do , say what you have to whether someone likes it or not because one cannot please everyone especially those who have a closed mind !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The argument only takes place when we disagree on anyone's point of view.According to me if we stuck into argument we should apologize if we are wrong and if we are right than prove it.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Participants in the argument should not think that they are going for a war before going to the argument. 

During the argument, there should not lose tempers and cool. The idea is   not to create an ugly scene

A constructive argument is a debate - where ideas are brought up and discussed and compared with each other on its merits.  There are no winners or losers in an argument (if that's the thought process, it's now a competitive/combative situation).  

With the right mindset, arguments will be useful.

Now, allow me to present my evidence! :)

Ref: What's a debate: http://idebate.org/about/debate/what

Thank you said by: rambabu

Well said. It is also true that a constructive argument is a debate. Participants should have that positive mindset.

Members should not feel insulted if the opponent wins. All the members should take the things lightly.

The most annoying thing during a sophisticated and gripping argument (particularly on this forum) is when a member throws a news break in the middle of a heated debate. It just breaks the line of thought. Hope the said member understands. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Arguments should ideally be sans fist fights and high rising tempers. It should start with in a friendly manner and end in a friendly manner

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

The most annoying thing during a sophisticated and gripping argument (particularly on this forum) is when a member throws a news break in the middle of a heated debate. It just breaks the line of thought. Hope the said member understands. 

There is a category called educated illiterates who are stupid but want to show they know everything , only make fools of themselves..the said member belongs to that category, best ignored !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

No one knows everything. If some one thinks like that, he orshe is mere fools

In arguments when one hurls personal attack on others then it becomes worse. Friendly personal attack is fine to an extent when the other one is not feeling insulted but if someone does feel insulted then one must refrain from such arguments. Heated argument usually leaves a scar so such an argument must be avoided. 

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.