Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is my opinion that we should be shared any details about our family life with any one. Relation between husband and wife is of special nature. We must be keep it up to our self.

anil wrote:

It is my opinion that we should be shared any details about our family life with any one. Relation between husband and wife is of special nature. We must be keep it up to our self.

I say any family details Social websites or otherwise, especially relation between  between Husband and wife should not be shared  with others.  By revealing such details in the Social Websites people faced lot of problems.

vijay wrote..
Isolated instances should not be expanded to represent the whole society.
anil wrote:

It is the isolated instances that cause death that get highlighted ..

I agree with anil that one should be careful while sharing information of Facebook. I see so many of my friends giving minute by minute information as to where they are and how many days they would be away, where they intend going ..dont they realise that first of all they are laying themselves open to dangers of theft, housebreak , anything is possible !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I don't think it is an isolated case. Many women, including House wives committed suicides,  A House wife in here suicide note  said because her husband suspected her that she had illicit affair with a Social media friend. Such cases are happening very regularly.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes, this was in the papers last week, very shocking incident. I feel that the problem is not just overusage of social media, but failure to connect with each other on a personal level. Education and financial freedom in case of many young couples lead them to be more independent from each other and they feel that when a partner wants to connect with you on different aspects, it is the intrusion of privacy. This restriction is not extended towards friends, close or otherwise, and on social media. Really funny and contradicting.,

Indeed it is amusing at times to see food people eat on display , their outings on display, sometimes flooding the pages with dozens of pictures of one event ...there is too much of everything ! It is also a platform for profile picture a day for some in different dresses and poses, at least that is harmless fun..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes, this was in the papers last week, very shocking incident. I feel that the problem is not just overusage of social media, but failure to connect with each other on a personal level. Education and financial freedom in case of many young couples lead them to be more independent from each other and they feel that when a partner wants to connect with you on different aspects, it is the intrusion of privacy. This restriction is not extended towards friends, close or otherwise, and on social media. Really funny and contradicting.,

Well said. If people take out time to stay connected with the people they meet on their daily life, social media would not be such a bad tool. But the problem is that many people in personal life might not even say hello properly to those around them but would lay bare all their feelings online

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

In moderation, Social Media can be a great way to connect to others to relate to their peers and to express themselves. Over exposure to Social media can have serious negative consequences. Display of everything and clicking on Likes is mere madness. Desire to disclose personal information about ourselves to others is ingrained in the human condition.

jabeen wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Well said. If people take out time to stay connected with the people they meet on their daily life, social media would not be such a bad tool. But the problem is that many people in personal life might not even say hello properly to those around them but would lay bare all their feelings online

Exactly Jabeen, I see so many posts from people I know, they hardly have any real friends or make any efforts to get to know people when they meet others in person, but are really trying hard to get more likes and comments on numerous profile pictures or shared posts etc. This particular incident stands out like an eyesore, becuase the lady in question, without considering the humiliation and she caused to her husband, talked about her husband's inability to have a child and treatment details over the social media. Imagine how insulted he must be, he did request her on multiple occasions to not do that, but she did not heed him. Of course, his way out was totally wrong, he should have approached some elderly family members to intervene instead of taking the extreme step. But it just goes to show how people are cocooned in their own imaginary world rather than face the real world with guts.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In the past, the neighborhood was responsible for many mishaps and misunderstandings. Now nobody knows the neighbors. everyone is busy with his own affairs only. Now it is the Facebook and other net social sites that spoil relation more. Now social media is the nearest neighbor.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The greatest advantage that social media has is connectivity with friends and family living away . I suppose that is what it was intended for but people abuse it all the time in different ways. I use Facebook to keep in touch, follow news links, music forums ..I know of some people who are constantly on Facebook even educating me of my own movements , which means I have to constantly change my privacy settings. People can be highly intrusive..

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.