Hi today is Basant Panchami that is the fifth day of Basant ( spring). It is considered to be an auspicious day. In Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand it is celebrated grandly as Saraswati puja. I wonder, if there is something special done in other parts of the country. If not, can anyone throw some more light on the way you celebrate Saraswati puja if you do.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy Basant Panchami to everyone.

Basant Panchami  is being celebrated across India in Feb 1. It is observed by all Hindus in India and by neighboring Nepal. It marks the beginning of the Spring season. We call it as Saraswati Puja in AP. There is a big temple in a place called Basara, now in the state of Telengana.

On this day we perform Aksharabyasam to our children after fourth year. That is children will be initiated to their first education session. The Pundit will make the child to write the Alphabets on a new Slate.

We do not celebrate this auspicious day neither did I know about it until now..I would think it is to do with Vasanth or spring season which we celebrate later ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Happy Basant Panchami... to all.

We dont celebrate it in Kerala, i dont think people in Chennai also celebrate it. I saw my friends posts in FB and twitter regarding saraswati pooja, though i was not aware of the significance.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Saraswati Puja is the worship of Goddess Saraswati who is the Goddess of learning. It's not only about academic learning but cultural education too that is music and all. Interestingly, though it's the puja of the Goddess of learning, the students are not made to study. Usually, the students keep their books, pen and pencil as well as harmonium and other instruments are kept beside the feet of the Goddess. Today, I missed it. Being Bengali we are used to celebrate it but in Delhi my son's school was open and my husband could not afford to take a leave from office due to budget as he is in taxation. Students seem very busy on this day because it directly relates to them.

shampasaid

Happy Basant panchami to all.

sdfafa

In Basara, a place in Telengana there is an exclusively  Saraswati Temple.  before initiating the children their first education session,Slokas in praise of Saraswati the Goddess of knowledge and learning namely "Talli Ninnu Dalanch " means, Oh Mother of learning, I  pray thee before I take up the Book for studying... And this prayer will be regularly sung in the Schools before the Classes start up to Standard one.

Happy Basant Panchmi to all Boddunan Members.

Thank you said by: rambabu

Here is Rajasthan Basant Panchmi also celebrate as Sarswati puja. Some people wear yellow dress on this day and also cook yellow dish on this day. Happy Basant Panchmi.

Thank you said by: rambabu
anil wrote:

Here is Rajasthan Basant Panchmi also celebrate as Sarswati puja. Some people wear yellow dress on this day and also cook yellow dish on this day. Happy Basant Panchmi.

Happy Basant Pancmi Anil. I know Basant Panchmi and Sarswati Puja are celebrated in Rajasthan. But I did not know that on Basant Panchmi Day people weat yellow clothes and prepare yellow colored dishes.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.