Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Happy Basant Panchami to all. I was not aware about this before and never heard about it. Got to know something new today about Basant Panchmi .. 

Bajirao wrote:

Happy Basant Panchami to all. I was not aware about this before and never heard about it. Got to know something new today about Basant Panchmi .. 

Same to you

We wear yellow dress, offer white flowers to the goddess. Yellow khichdi with sweet pumpkin curry and sweet tomato chutney is offered as bhog to Saraswati

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Earlier Saraswati puja used to be celebrated with great enthusiasm on basant panchmi. Our elders mention that during their time they used to install idols of Saraswati in schools and every students would offer prayer. However, it has lost its significance nowadays. Though some people celebrate it at home, it is no longer celebrated at schools.

Here in AP my state still perform Saraswati Puja in the old and traditional way.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Here is Rajasthan Basant Panchmi also celebrate as Sarswati puja. Some people wear yellow dress on this day and also cook yellow dish on this day. Happy Basant Panchmi.

Happy Basant Pancmi Anil. I know Basant Panchmi and Sarswati Puja are celebrated in Rajasthan. But I did not know that on Basant Panchmi Day people weat yellow clothes and prepare yellow colored dishes.

Yellow color is associated with Basant Panchmi. Yellow color rice prepared in my house too.

Watch this image and also read beautiful poem 

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/1135464/2144330246/0/map/tabs-1/02-01-2017/41/7/image/

Thank you said by: rambabu
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Here is Rajasthan Basant Panchmi also celebrate as Sarswati puja. Some people wear yellow dress on this day and also cook yellow dish on this day. Happy Basant Panchmi.

Happy Basant Pancmi Anil. I know Basant Panchmi and Sarswati Puja are celebrated in Rajasthan. But I did not know that on Basant Panchmi Day people weat yellow clothes and prepare yellow colored dishes.

Yellow color is associated with Basant Panchmi. Yellow color rice prepared in my house too.

http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/1135464/2144330246/0/map/tabs-1/02-01-2017/41/7/image/

Thank you Anil. Now my doubt is cleared.  Yellow color in Basant Panchami signifies  glory of nature and positive energy on the arrival of Spring.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Thank you Anil. Now my doubt is cleared.  Yellow color in Basant Panchami signifies  glory of nature and positive energy on the arrival of Spring.

Did you read this poem?

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Did you read this poem?

I read. I am not a speed reader of Hindi. Any how I could finish. Thank you Anil

jabeen wrote:

Earlier Saraswati puja used to be celebrated with great enthusiasm on basant panchmi. Our elders mention that during their time they used to install idols of Saraswati in schools and every students would offer prayer. However, it has lost its significance nowadays. Though some people celebrate it at home, it is no longer celebrated at schools.

Though not so grand but few schools still do so. However it is still very common in Bengal, Bihar and jharkhand to celebrate saraswati puja in schools

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.